Phatmoto

Excuse me SirLurksAlot. Do you or anyone else know why almost all the Phatmoto All Terrain and Rover models both are presently selling for about 500 dollars discounted off the normal selling price? Do you think Phatmoto might discontinue selling their line of gas bikes? Wow, I think the asking price on their website for a new 2023 Rover is 499 dollars. That’s an excellent deal.
I believe the rover is going for $499 and all terrain for $699 right now. No idea why, tho. Good prices, considering what frames set-up for m/b cost... They need some upgrades, like bearings etc. But at half-price, complete with engine and run-able as delivered that seems a decent deal.

Not the Predator GHOST the description says they upgraded all that stuff already for racing and it has a rev limiter @ 6k rpms

Yeah the 224 is better
The copy says the flywheel is still cast iron. A person might as well buy the ghost, all the internals have been done. Even though they don't mention the rod. It makes 12hp, so to go any further it will need a billet flywheel at the very least.

It might even be too much for a bike at 12hp.

You still have to change flywheels, rods, and use heavier valve springs in them all to be able to run them any significant amount over the 3600rpm limit.

Ghost description says all that stuff has been upgraded for racing and it has a rev limiter @ 6k
But yea serious builders say stuff still need to be upgradded before running it @ 6k

A little digging came up with this:

So, for the cost of it, you can have a 224 for the same price after the recommended changes.

Read the full review.
Yep the 224 is Heavy Duty and the engine to use

Ghost description says all that stuff has been upgraded for racing and it has a rev limiter @ 6k
But yea serious builders say stuff still need to be upgradded before running it @ 6k

Yep the 224 is Heavy Duty and the engine to use
The cam is the limiter, my cart cam has a limit at 6800, 26lb valve springs, ported head and a PZ22 carb, I have billet rod and flywheel now, but I have run the stock one up til last year. I probably got 800 CAD into it now, the ghost with the extras at 450 is definitely the better deal.

Apparently they're taking preorders for the 2024 version. Which is why the price on 2023 models dropped. New version has, among other things - 10g wheels spokes, sealed wheel bearings and upgraded downhill-style forks. Assuming they didn't go with the cheapest parts possible (like they've done with all previous upgrades), the new models adress most/all existing deficiencies. Pre-order prices look like good deals, too.... We'll see.

According to what I see in their video demo, it is a 2.5 HP Lifan motor and will reach speeds up to 25 MPH...I think I will stay with my Phantom 85...lol.
32 mph with optional 44t sprocket. That's as fast as i need. And the engine, here in the AZ desert at 100°F ambient, maxes out at 270°F regardless of throttle or time with the ability to idle indefinitely without overheating (ime). No premixing. No engine teardown/clean up required to eliminate ring snagging and remove metal chips from the crankcase. No rag joint bs. No clutch upgrade needed. 10g spokes and sealed wheel bearings. Downhill-style forks. Hydraulic brakes. 3mm thick inner tubes.

Despite quality of those upgrades being unknown, those are big diffs that matter. to some.

If it isn't a Honda, it's a clone. Whether it be a Predator, Box Stock, B&S, Kohler, etc. They all stole the idea from Honda. I imagine some have done some improvements in the quality department since the first ones came out.

You still have to change flywheels, rods, and use heavier valve springs in them all to be able to run them any significant amount over the 3600rpm limit.

My Honda is run at 6700 with stock flywheel, I wouldn't trust it either above that. So far, it hasn't blown up.
Do you have a video or site that shows how to get higher rpms on these types of engines? I would like to build mine so it can rev high once I get my hands on one

Do you have a video or site that shows how to get higher rpms on these types of engines? I would like to build mine so it can rev high once I get my hands on one
You need a lot of replacement parts because industrial engines are already at peak power where the governor is set. Minibike youtube is a good place to research for this.

Back