Phatmoto

if I get sealed bearings how would I go about installing them? Are they just pushed in or do you need a tool for that? I've never used sealed bearings so I wouldnt know
The info I've seen says the sealed bearing will fit into the oem bearing cup - remove the retaining cone and balls, leaving the cup in place. You tap the bearing into the cup using a block of wood and a hammer. Should only require moderate force applied with light tapping of the block with the hammer.

I'd do the honda because it won't be on the ragged edge doing 30, like the lifan - the lifan at 5000rpm sounds very unhappy to me... Honda gx100 sounds like it's right at home at 5500. To me, a top speed of 45ish is perfect. It means i won't be thrashing the engine if i cruise for a couple hours at 30mph. I strongly recommend upgrading the wheel bearings first tho. 6000-zz is the sealed bearing number. Really cheap... Less than $10 for 2 sets.
1695328502742.png

Out of curiosity, how well do you think this engine could fit on a phatmoto frame?

Looks like a mount adaptor etc similar to that required to use a 212 would be needed. Same problems a 212 gives, in terms of safety (frame, wheels, bearings etc etc).

Excuse me SirLurksAlot. Do you or anyone else know why almost all the Phatmoto All Terrain and Rover models both are presently selling for about 500 dollars discounted off the normal selling price? Do you think Phatmoto might discontinue selling their line of gas bikes? Wow, I think the asking price on their website for a new 2023 Rover is 499 dollars. That’s an excellent deal.

The new Predator GHOST 212cc Kart Racing engine or the new Predator 224cc
Is way better than a clone or the original Predator 212cc

The new Predator GHOST 212cc Kart Racing engine or the new Predator 224cc
Is way better than a clone or the original Predator 212cc
If it isn't a Honda, it's a clone. Whether it be a Predator, Box Stock, B&S, Kohler, etc. They all stole the idea from Honda. I imagine some have done some improvements in the quality department since the first ones came out.

You still have to change flywheels, rods, and use heavier valve springs in them all to be able to run them any significant amount over the 3600rpm limit.

My Honda is run at 6700 with stock flywheel, I wouldn't trust it either above that. So far, it hasn't blown up.

A little digging came up with this:

So, for the cost of it, you can have a 224 for the same price after the recommended changes.

Read the full review.

Back