Rim questions, again...

I just got the DONSP1986 rims, they came well packaged and true. Highly recommend those, the build quality is amazing for the price.
I got 26x46mm fat bike rim tape to match the wider width of the rim. I also bought 26x2.125 whitewall cruiser tires. Even though the description says it won't fit those size tires, they fit perfectly, and will clear most frames. You'll also need a single speed chain, tensioner and freewheel.
All the products I'm going to be using are listed here:
Rim tape
Tires and tubes
Tensioner
Chain
Freewheel
edit: here's those rims and tires on my bike, minus the rear View attachment 207649
Awsome bro,. That's the exact set up gonna use, thanks for the input

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I just got the DONSP1986 rims, they came well packaged and true. Highly recommend those, the build quality is amazing for the price.
I got 26x46mm fat bike rim tape to match the wider width of the rim. I also bought 26x2.125 whitewall cruiser tires. Even though the description says it won't fit those size tires, they fit perfectly, and will clear most frames. You'll also need a single speed chain, tensioner and freewheel.
Rim tape
Tires and tubes
Tensioner
Chain
Freewheel
edit: here's those rims and tires on my bike, minus the rear View attachment 207649
Could you post a link to those exact rims please.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Rim tape
Tires and tubes
Tensioner
Chain
Freewheel
These,. Correct?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240207-143852.png
    Screenshot_20240207-143852.png
    645.2 KB · Views: 18
I was breaking Freewheels that were made in Taiwan
Kickstarting a Whizzer with the pedals puts alot of strain on the Freewheel

I use Made in USA White Industries 22t Freewheel on my Whizzer it's been over 30K miles and it's still working perfect

Yes it can be removed with a freewheel tool
WI freewheel can be serviced and they also have sealed bearings, more cogs their HD
Put anti seized on the threads so the Freewheel is easy to remove

DSCF6649.JPG

Mine has 2 little dimples 180* apart on the inner ring but they’re no where deep enough to get any sort of tool in to grab it.
Those dimples are so you can remove a bearing cover

There is a tool to fit those dimples, but if ya tap a punch on the edge of one of those dimples you should be able to loosen it then spin it off by hand

Those dimples are so you can remove a bearing cover

There is a tool to fit those dimples, but if ya tap a punch on the edge of one of those dimples you should be able to loosen it then spin it off by hand
This is my first go round with a single speed freewheel that I installed.

Only other experience with one was on multi speed bikes that came with one already installed.

Thanks for the info

I tried one of those but it put the chain so out of alignment to the crank, I had to get a six speed freewheel to get anything close. I put an old derailleur on it and will get the middle four gears without cross chaining too bad.

Single speed freewheel fit single speed wheels and the chaining lines up

chaining wont line up converting a multi speed wheel to a single speed freewheel

Back