Anyone try these AUTES "chugus" spoke wheels?

I believe the ones I ordered are a 2 cross pattern and are properly woven.
from what i can see its 3cross but since you got 48spokes i bet its a 4 cross. follow a single spoke and count how many intersections their are on its line, from hub to hoop. that is your cross count. Also a pair of spokes that start make a triangle at their cossing point. The taller triangle the higher the cross count is and the stronger the wheel is.
Screenshot_20240126_041837_Photo Editor.jpg

It couldn't be a rag joint that destroyed those rims, As you can see in the pic, the six bolt holes are already there in the hub for a direct bolt on for the sprocket, if the spokes broke, that was not the cause.

As do I...lol.
So your saying all I'd have to do is bolt the 36 tooth sprocket where the 6 bolts are. So no need for a hub adapter? Or a rag joint?

GW, did you use the hub adapter on those? Is there such thing as a rim that would require no hub adapter or rag joint for the sprocket, cause if so that's what I need
any rim with the 6 small holes around the hub. (which is for a brake rotor) will allow direct bolt on of the sproket. just need a sproket spacer after the sproket to attach the rotor

So if I was to buy one of these 2 sets of rims I would only have to mount the sprocket on with those 6 holes, no hub adapter or rag joint correct?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240206-191329.png
    Screenshot_20240206-191329.png
    494.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20240206-191341.png
    Screenshot_20240206-191341.png
    483.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20240206-191429.png
    Screenshot_20240206-191429.png
    569.1 KB · Views: 23
Awesome, thanks Jay, I always have problems or a very hard time with the rag and hub adapter. I was gonna get the 3 spoke mag rims cause it's easier with the sprocket but I'd rather have some good spoke rims. Hell I had no idea you could do it that way. Thanks so much. Definitely gonna get one of those 2 of the screenshots now. Made my life alot easier lol

You want to stay away from hub adapters as almost all of them slip and strip the hub. Rag joints will loosen spokes and even destroy the wheels

Awesome, thanks Jay, I always have problems or a very hard time with the rag and hub adapter. I was gonna get the 3 spoke mag rims cause it's easier with the sprocket but I'd rather have some good spoke rims. Hell I had no idea you could do it that way. Thanks so much. Definitely gonna get one of those 2 of the screenshots now. Made my life alot easier lol
So am I. I just dont know which set I want. I like the 10g spokes but the silver ones are super wide which I like

Back