Anyone try these AUTES "chugus" spoke wheels?

I've seen that too, I just don't bother leaving reviews, good, bad or indifferent.
I will review sometimes but I feel like I'm just handing out free advertising.

Some people have too high expectations on some of these cheap items. I bought an old school manual grain grinder for 30, such a deal I thought.
The reviews were bad, it's dirty, rusty, there was a picture of it in a dishwasher all rusty. These people went on to say how poorly it ground grain.

Well, the instructions from the seller stated you must wash it and give it a light coat of vegetable oil and don't put it in the dishwasher. Also the seller stated it will only grind to a meal consistency.

So I left a review that said if you follow the instructions given, it works very well for what it is intended for.

I am looking at the same pair of wheels. My concern is the lacing of the spokes also. The hubs being laced from the same side (inside hub) creates a wheel that will flex at the hub. When using disc brakes, drive side will be under torsion while freewheel side is under tension. This is not ideal and could in fact destroy the hub flang and could also break spokes. Everything about these wheels look HeavyDuty and stout for only a $150 price tag. So why not do what im gonna do to these wheels and relace them crossing and alternating sides like normal?

I am looking at the same pair of wheels. My concern is the lacing of the spokes also. The hubs being laced from the same side (inside hub) creates a wheel that will flex at the hub. When unsing disc brakes drive side will be under torsion while freewheel side is under tension. This is not ideal and could infact destroy the hub flang and could also break spokes. Everything about these wheels look HeavyDuty and stout for only a $150 price tag. So why not do what im gonna do to these wheels and relace them crossing and alternating sides like normal?

Not a bad idea, I've never laced a wheel, let alone adjusted spokes, I've been lucky thus far with true wheels.

Not a bad idea, I've never laced a wheel, let alone adjusted spokes, I've been lucky thus far with true wheels.
Neither have I but it doesnt look like rocket science. The only difficult part is putting tension on the spokes in order to true the rotation. But after I get them laced I will take them to a bike shop where truing wheels is only like $20. If the spokes are long enough im gonna lace in a 4 cross pattern. Even if i can only get a 3 cross pattern the correct lacing paired with the one piece hub and stainless 10g spokes will be one of the strongest Aluminum rims you can buy
4_cross_wheel.jpg

so looking at the original pic of these wheels they are not only laced on one side but are also only laced using a 1 cross pattern. That also makes them weak. So i doubt i will have enough spoke to do a 4 cross. A 2 cross can be done for sure. but a 3 cross is pushing it also. For thoes that dont understand wheel geometry the more spokes that cross the stronger the wheel. The bigger the gauge spoke the stronger the wheel. Lastly the higher number of spokes the stronger the wheel. So a high combination of all 3 sections is what makes a stong wheel. I would be happy with 10G/36S/2Cross pattern
36_24_0123cross.gif

I am looking at the same pair of wheels. My concern is the lacing of the spokes also. The hubs being laced from the same side (inside hub) creates a wheel that will flex at the hub. When using disc brakes, drive side will be under torsion while freewheel side is under tension. This is not ideal and could in fact destroy the hub flang and could also break spokes. Everything about these wheels look HeavyDuty and stout for only a $150 price tag. So why not do what im gonna do to these wheels and relace them crossing and alternating sides like normal?
That's exactly what I considered doing. If you do rework them, let us know because other than the lacing issue, they seem like really nice wheels for the price,

Back