Best bike for a 4hp briggs build?

GW's Motorized

Local time
3:26 AM
I have a 4hp briggs engine from the 80s out in Kentucky. Once I move out there I plan to build a bike with it. It's pretty much the same size as a 3hp and I want a feame that will fit it well. I plan to convert said frame to a felt faker tank frame and clone a phatmoto. The frame needs to be steel. I was thinking a kent Bayside might make a good frame, but I am not sure if a briggs would fit. I might go with a cranbrook because I know a 3hp will fit in there.

I have a 4hp briggs engine from the 80s out in Kentucky. Once I move out there I plan to build a bike with it. It's pretty much the same size as a 3hp and I want a feame that will fit it well. I plan to convert said frame to a felt faker tank frame and clone a phatmoto. The frame needs to be steel. I was thinking a kent Bayside might make a good frame, but I am not sure if a briggs would fit. I might go with a cranbrook because I know a 3hp will fit in there.
If it were me I'd get an antique bike for cheap or something, It would look sooo cool with that motor. Damien cracked his cranny, right? Also my old cranbrook felt pretty unstable, I think the geometry or something.

If it were me I'd get an antique bike for cheap or something, It would look sooo cool with that motor. Damien cracked his cranny, right? Also my old cranbrook felt pretty unstable, I think the geometry or something.
Ive got a different motor for an antique looking build. This one will be a more modern look. The flatty is for torque, they sou d good, and they have to s of parts for them

Well if you can find a RollFast cruiser frame a Briggs flatty will fit in the triangle without any modification. I find em on market place from time to time cheap.

How about this? only needs a little work fairly priced and plenty of engine room:ROFLMAO:

How about this? only needs a little work fairly priced and plenty of engine room:ROFLMAO:
Not exactly the style I am going for lol. I want a bike I can make into a felt faker bike. I want this bike to somewhat resemble a phatmoto bike. I'm currently in the stage of looking at what I want to do and not building yet.

Not exactly the style I am going for lol. I want a bike I can make into a felt faker bike. I want this bike to somewhat resemble a phatmoto bike. I'm currently in the stage of looking at what I want to do and not building yet.
Go to goodwill and grab a steel bike, start cutting and welding. Make it into what you want.

What about a klunker frame? I am in envy of the access americans have to them.

If not a flat bar klunker with some nice wide 70's style bars, why not a twin loop cruiser frame?

Nothing really compares to the wolf crestive customs twin downtube custom builds, but it takes some time to pull something like that off.

Why not go all out and buy a sportsman drop loop frame and get a motorcycle front end, like a showa 31mm fork set? It should fit some pretty big wheels.

I know my cb250 showa 31mm front end CAN fit an xl350 23" wheel and tyre in it. So why not an 18" spoked moped front wheel with a lovely street tyre? Or a 19" spoked wheel? Or even a 21"- i know all those size wheels can be purchased cheap from chinabay.

I have 2 3.5hp briggs single and just recieved a 13hp ohv briggs with a crankcase repair and the govener removed. So i have a lot of interest in anyone else doing the same thing.

With my briggs- I want to use all of them in projects, but let's just see me finish the next one first hey?

Attachments

• board-tracker-motorcycle-lawnmower-1200x801.jpg
    board-tracker-motorcycle-lawnmower-1200x801.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 23
Back