Phatmoto opinions?

GW's Motorized

Local time
1:29 AM
I have heard good and bad about phatmoto. The main reason I don't like them is their frames are aluminum. Once I move to Kentucky I want to build a 4 stroke and I actually like the looks of the phatmoto. I however think I could build a better bike than phatmoto on a steal frame that looks very similar. I think I could add a tank to a frame by hydroforming 2 shells and welding them onto a bike. I also really live briggs and stratton engines and I have a 4hp electronic ignition that I want to use. Its a later 80s model, and I would love to hop it up a bit. This is the main reason I want to build my own is I want more grunt for the hills in Kentucky. What are your thoughts on cloning a phatmoto?

I have heard good and bad about phatmoto. The main reason I don't like them is their frames are aluminum. Once I move to Kentucky I want to build a 4 stroke and I actually like the looks of the phatmoto. I however think I could build a better bike than phatmoto on a steal frame that looks very similar. I think I could add a tank to a frame by hydroforming 2 shells and welding them onto a bike. I also really live briggs and stratton engines and I have a 4hp electronic ignition that I want to use. Its a later 80s model, and I would love to hop it up a bit. This is the main reason I want to build my own is I want more grunt for the hills in Kentucky. What are your thoughts on cloning a phatmoto?
Get a felt bike with a steel frame, and convert the top tube to a tank. With your skills it might not be hard.

For this build I think I would want a 3d motorsport clutch. That would be sick with a hopped up flatty.

what part of KY you planning on moving to I assume the way your talking about the hills its prob eastern part if I had to guess I hale from Floyd county, right beside of pike county.

Not sure if I can do ya any help but never the less I am willing to offer, Recently I purchased a yellow Phatmoto Rover 2023 from there clearence sale and was delivered a black bike. what do ya do ya know.

What I was wanting to say to you is these things from factory are really slow like so slow my grannies electric mobility chair can almost out run it people thats not a joke seriously if she could drive and wasnt scared to bust up her hip worse she would of won the race, lol factory mine tops out at 19 to 20 mph well below the supposed 25mph the 50 tooth sprocket is supposed to deliver

so welcome to beautiful (it is people dont laugh) ky no matter what part your headed to may one day pass each other who knows

what part of KY you planning on moving to I assume the way your talking about the hills its prob eastern part if I had to guess I hale from Floyd county, right beside of pike county.

Not sure if I can do ya any help but never the less I am willing to offer, Recently I purchased a yellow Phatmoto Rover 2023 from there clearence sale and was delivered a black bike. what do ya do ya know.

What I was wanting to say to you is these things from factory are really slow like so slow my grannies electric mobility chair can almost out run it people thats not a joke seriously if she could drive and wasnt scared to bust up her hip worse she would of won the race, lol factory mine tops out at 19 to 20 mph well below the supposed 25mph the 50 tooth sprocket is supposed to deliver

so welcome to beautiful (it is people dont laugh) ky no matter what part your headed to may one day pass each other who knows
The place my dad's looking at is in Lawrence County, right on the border of Kentucky and west Virginia. Thanks for the info! I decided I'm gonna try to "clone" a phatmoto on a steel frame and make my own integrated gas tank to weld on an existing bike. I plan on building one of my 3hp briggs flatheads for this bike.

That's because they use a lifan motor if you do any research on them the are extremely restricted with a governor. You can take 1 of them and put it beside a motor of equal HP and the other motor will out perform it any day I had one of the all terrain ones before it was stolen

That's because they use a lifan motor if you do any research on them the are extremely restricted with a governor. You can take 1 of them and put it beside a motor of equal HP and the other motor will out perform it any day I had one of the all terrain ones before it was stolen
If I ever get one I am going to build a screaming 3hp briggs for it

For this build I think I would want a 3d motorsport clutch. That would be sick with a hopped up flatty.
A man after my heart.

Back