I just bought a kit, tell me what you think of it

hi

this kit is good and will last you like any other kit if you look after it correctly its not really branded so be carefull usally the non branded ones are the cheaper ones why because they use cheaper parts but like i said with any motor look after them and they will go far the only downside is it that its not that power full but will get you up most hills even if your really heavy it says use 16:1 for breaking in then switch to 25:1 really thats not good for that motor use 25:1 for breaking it in and stay with 25:1 because 16:1 is way too much oil it will still run but bogg down alot just remember take it easy when your running it in oh one more down side its black black paint (or any paint) will heat the motor up more than normal so on a hot day dont run it for too long its ok im not trying to scare you but dont run it alot on a hot day obviously there designed too be painted black
thats all i got to say have fun and be safe
thnx

hi

heres a bit of trivia the motor was called a m21 an made by the russians as a wheat thresher back in the 50,s an was mounted on a board .
now the chinese make a identical motor but theres 3 or 4 makers .
but it its only for a 2 stroke .
i found a article when i did a google search .
:whistle:

brad
syd

How much speed do you think it can get on average on a flat surface?

I know it varies, just looking for ballpark.

hi

heres a bit of trivia the motor was called a m21 an made by the russians as a wheat thresher back in the 50,s an was mounted on a board .
now the chinese make a identical motor but theres 3 or 4 makers .
but it its only for a 2 stroke .
i found a article when i did a google search .
:whistle:

brad
syd

here's more info on Russian engines. They are "D" series. M21 is an after-market nickname.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=3881

Oh, I just kind of assumed it was a chinese engine. How do these russian engines compare to the chinese ones? Also, mine was listed at 80cc, but people on that thread are mention 45c. Are there different models?

I've been researching it and am still confused. I can't find records of a russian made D series that was 80cc (I understand it would actually be like 66cc or something)...so am not sure exactly what I bought!

Hrm.

I have one of these its great

I have one of these its great in fact the kit was better quality than the grubee skyhawk I got from gasbike.net. It has the older carb which I found works much better than the CNS with the grubee. And the front mount is for larger diameter frames. Mine had a manufacture date of 6/09 different factory name but same city as grubee motors. I think these are the off the back of the truck ones but this kit has been good to me and the seller was ok and shipped quickly. I wish I could buy more of their stuff before it is all gone. Its run good so far. but I did have to fix a carb leak. tighten everything up good and use loktite on your mounting nuts. Let me know how it works out. Also I have a speedometer and i'm cruising 25mph at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle with more to go. (I'm still breaking it in) it runs fine at 16 to 1 with no smoke or rich problems. Mine says 68.5cc on it and 2.95hp. I run the 40 tooth sprocket.

Last edited:
Back