i need a CHEAP TANK quick!

ok, i just asked my dad and he said, that if it was at a mounting bolt, it would just rattle whatever i put there out, because it probablly broke the weld and would offer no support, so, doc still send me a pm with your address please.

Hey Guys, Just for the record when I raced motorcycles I often "hit the ground". If you ever need a quick fix, use chewing gum. When the gas hits the gum it hardens like steel. I raced a 1971 Ducati 450 with a fiberglass tank for over a year with at least 3 holes fixed, one hole was over 1" long, with gum while waiting for a replacement tank. Not advisable for a long term repair, but will certainly get you home
Quenton

Well the reason I said to use the spray foam was because of the bolt issue. I know that foam melts but when was the last time you got gas under your tank. I had an old Corvette years ago and that foam stuff held my door skins on and held half the car in place. The frame was rusted out so there was no point in spending money on it. I had the greatest time of my life with it and it held up for two years.I was like you when young and could always fix most anything by looking around my garage to see how I could fix things without money.
Come to think of it, I'm still like that!

Last edited:
I was like you when young and could always fix most anything by looking around my garage to see how I could fix things without money.
Come to think of it, I'm still like that!

well i bet you never fixed a lawn mower safty bar with a piece of a broken sattleite! lol th little s thing came off at the bar, so i toook a piece of a sattielite adjustment bolt and drilled a hole through it lol i didnt have anything smaller aththe time so i have a HUGE bolt where the cable is lol ill have to take come pics this spring wheni take the mowers down from the shed's loft.

Tater, I tagged you with my addy. You know that you are going to have to repaint the whole tank don't you? Isn't there a small welding shop or auto repair shop a little closer than me? Should only take a few minutes. I'll do it but I don't want to hear any carp about me ruining your paint job. :)

Doc

bailing tie wire works much better than a coat hanger, its only a dollar or two at ACE and I use it to fix everything in a pinch. it should be a part of eveyones tool box it has saved me so many times.

bailing tie wire works much better than a coat hanger, its only a dollar or two at ACE and I use it to fix everything in a pinch. it should be a part of eveyones tool box it has saved me so many times.

Just wait till you discover duct tape. ;)

Ahh yes, the stuff that bonds all anti geniuses together. What would the world be without it? They call it 100 MPH tape because they used it to cover the bullet holes on the wings of the air fighters. FYI
Doc

Back