I think it’s a KTM 50 carb

Same bloody photos!!

Glad you posted that, I remember checking that out, very nice work and love the engine mounting.
Thanks, man. It was fun to build. :)
Sorry if I'm off topic too.
I've been looking at non stock carbs too, since I have a reed valve I'm supposed to be fitting (and I'm finally getting to the end of my non bike chores lol!).
Specifically I was looking at diaphragm carbs recently but I can't tell what would fit/work and what wouldn't. Sellers only list which chainsaw it fits or that sort of thing.. Kind of frustrating. I am bewildered by the range of carbs available and the lack of info. Why does hardly anyone use the diaphragm type?
I like the idea of no overflow. I want to lay my bike down and only have the tank breather hose to watch.
I am going to jet my stock "crappy" NTTC carb soon though, and just enjoy the bike. :)

Thanks, man. It was fun to build. :)
Sorry if I'm off topic too.
I've been looking at non stock carbs too, since I have a reed valve I'm supposed to be fitting (and I'm finally getting to the end of my non bike chores lol!).
Specifically I was looking at diaphragm carbs recently but I can't tell what would fit/working what wouldn't. Sellers only list which chainsaw it fits or that sort of thing.. Kind of frustrating. I am bewildered by the range of carbs available and the lack of info. Why does hardly anyone use the diaphragm type?
I am going to jet my stock "crappy" NTTC carb soon though, and just enjoy the bike. :)

I just bored a speed carb to 14.7 playing around tonight with a reamer, about the comfortable limit I reckon

Same though I’ve been checking them out, looking for decent cheap carb
I just focus on clamp type and size around the 16-19
I’m guessing the jet in them will be pretty close to what they can flow I would assume

My sons bike is at the point now of hooking it up so I’ll onow a little more ina week or two, we have a vm18 that will end up on it though.

It looks like your carb is for a reed system on a race engine like 70cc Thunder Thud.

HP-70_racing_engine.png

It has a velocity stack as an air clearer so not great for normal riding.

A ktm 50 uses a 19mm with reed and modded one up to 21mm as do most minerelli engines for scooters.KC doesn't know what he's talking about walbourgh and tilitson carbs are used with great sucsess especaily for race engines that suck the float bowl dry faster than the fuel supply can deliver,Stock petcock is to slow!

It looks like your carb is for a reed system on a race engine like 70cc Thunder Thud.

HP-70_racing_engine.png

It has a velocity stack as an air clearer so not great for normal riding.

haha, thanks mate but i dont think a picture explains what its capabilities are

A ktm 50 uses a 19mm with reed and modded one up to 21mm as do most minerelli engines for scooters.KC doesn't know what he's talking about walbourgh and tilitson carbs are used with great sucsess especaily for race engines that suck the float bowl dry faster than the fuel supply can deliver,Stock petcock is to slow!

shes going on on, will need more than a picture or an off set inlet to tell me if its any good or not haha

Jesses bike.JPG

Back