Carby Idle getting lower and lower

It was doing this before, but very quietly- this is a banana pipe.

Also when the loud sound is happening i get slower acceleration. Noticably slower.

a lot has changed in this thread, I'd still put the old muffler on to see what it does

if no change, I think I'd look at carb to see if it has gone rich

Okay. Tomorrow, I'll put the old muffler on. BTW, when I took off the air filter box, I could hear the sound just a tiny tad louder.

I did level the carb. Before it was on an angle. Now it's level.

Also will get in a sound recording as soon as possible.

Hey guys. I'm back at this thread, because the problem came back.

I have the clutch pull thing figured out, I adjusted it so much, that if I tighten it just a bit more the engine would slip if I pulled the throttle even just a bit (It just about doesn't slip.)
The idle drops when I stop. When I am rolling downhill, pull in the clutch, the engine goes down, but not to the set idle, a bit faster. Seems like it's grabbing.

I opened up the clutch cover. Look at the clutch plate... OH NO.
The thing looks like it's bent (It's not.)
When I pull in the clutch arm, (So it wouldn't drive the rear wheel) it only comes out one side (Half the clutch plate sticks out only) and as I roll the bike, the part sticking out rotates around (The half of it that is sticking out, is going around, it's not sticking out in one place)

Also the big gear thingy is like a bit loose, I can't remove it or anything, but can shake it about 1-2 millimeters side to side.

first, read the steps to adjust clutch & cable and do them

once done the play in clutch hub should not be a problem as it is held tight most of the time

I have it figured out, don't worry. My problem is the clutch plate is like bent?

It's not but something is wrong- or maybe I am. But when I pull the clutch arm in the plate comes out half side only, the other side stays in.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hZLSuhQpCFs2uVb1kUp6juOQTmuZyMmc

Sorry the video is so long, but I was trying to show it very carefully. Please, only tell me things that would help, not things like "You need an air filter" or "something something not safe" because I'm aware of most of those things, and I will either fix them, or work around them.

Last edited:
UPDATE: I have swapped the flower nut, the spring (The one that was in it was 2cm!!! New one: 4cm long! DOUBLE!) and the old clutch plate from my 48cc older engine, and sanded the old clutch plate with hand on a very straight wooden table (laminated) with 150 grit sandpaper, and it COMES OUT EVEN NOW!

Still need to fix the old one, because I want to use/sell the 48cc one. So I need you guys' help. Was the spring a problem? Or the flower nut? I noticed, that the flower nut I had, was a bit "slanted" (At an angle) where it holds on to the clutch plate, and the plate had a bigger hole cut out. Could it be that it's going to one side more? Because the old one's corner is not round.

1539956807749.png

Back