Idles Weird

Karalewis4225

Local time
7:43 PM
I have a 2 stroke 66cc with a NT carb. 56 tooth sprocket.

When I go to start it up i have to turn the throttle a lot just to get it running. And then after I have drivin it ill go to pull the clutch in and it revs really high. Then ill turn the idle down. And if i went to put the choke lever up the engine doesnt cut out, instead it will rev up really so i put the lever down. If i twist the throttle at idle, it will rev high but go back down just not as quick as normal. The bike runs great though.

Ive changed the carb, intake manifold, and fuel lines. Same problem.. then I tried sealing around the carb and intake connection even sealing those holes inside the carb, i zip tired the fuel lines, i even put a new gasket on the intake.

After that still same problem. So i got carb cleaner (thats what was available) and sprayed around all comnections when the engine was running, and no changes in idle sound except when i sprayed at the bottom of the carb filter holes (so of course thats normal).

I also changed the c clip in every position. Right now ive placed it back on the middle notch.

I dont know what to do its annoying.

try spraying along the case seams (bottom of motor too) and the base gasket

Maybe the jet is too small? Did you ever touch it? Did you ever mess with these engines before?

Did you look at the magneto side crank arm seal? The clutch side is susceptible to it blowing as well but not nearly as often as a mag side will.

A obvious sign is if you go to pull the magneto cover and you see a bunch of oil under the cover. I would like to assume that you didn't pull the covers yet and sprayed the cleaner in there (under the spinning magnet or under the small bevel gear) to see if the leak was there. Maybe give it a fast look and see if that is the source.

Otherwise if that's not it then you'll need to run over from the start again to find the leak. It's there, you just need to find it

Back