im from where its 115 degrees and i bought my gas powered bike with quarters

heres where pushin got left behind that 2nd from last one is what kind of setup i want... also heres my DD as of now...

Attachments

• IMG_0216.JPG
    IMG_0216.JPG
    193.7 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_0215.JPG
    IMG_0215.JPG
    186.8 KB · Views: 236
  • 150428_338563099597187_161759789_n.jpg
    150428_338563099597187_161759789_n.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_0130[1].JPG
    IMG_0130[1].JPG
    191.2 KB · Views: 222
Welcome aboard TekStep, I am a desert dweller up North in Phoenix.
You in Agriculture?

For those of you that didn't know, Yuma's climate is why you can eat fresh salad in the dead of winter.
Just no fun in the summer is all, though with all the pavement and concrete the 'heat island' above Phoenix can get tough unless you know how to deal with it but that is another topic ;-}

They hold up better than a 2-stroke in every way including heat I feel, and I have built a couple dozen for use here.
http://kcsbikes.com/KCsBuilds.asp?motor=4-stroke&Drive=All
Just keep the oil fresh.

I also recommend removing all the forced air cooling parts for the smaller engines like the HS 49cc and Honda 50.
These engines were designed to sit stationary and use a blower to move air around the cylinder, you are moving air by riding.

I haven't said anything about this except in passing as I haven't even tried it yet, but I have a hunch the HS ~50cc engines would have more power to the wheel if it didn't have to an air cooling system at all.
Maybe enough savings in power to re-use that power in an electrical system and still retain it's original power rating.

Untested concepts so far, but possible to even get them made.

Yeah that's why I went with a 4 stroke instead of a two stroke. I didn't want too many issues with the heat in the summer. I've been running castrol gtx in the engine and it seems to really like that oil. I was running Pennzoil for a couple tanks of gas but noticed it seemed almost dry if it makes sense, any how that's what I was thinking on the fins and all that plastic around the engine. I took off most of the plastic and I'm also running a two stroke carb on it and running it a little bit on the lean side with the needle adjusted to the last notch before the top. Seems to be running really smooth and no loss of power. I'm pretty sure that two stroke carb set up let's it breathe a little better than the stock carb
I was thinking about how to possibly get some sort of alternator and capacitor combo going on a build that would be awesome.

When you said 115 degrees I knew it had to be in AZ. The only place that gets any hotter is Death Valley CA, and they don't call it Death Valley for nothing. I'm in Phoenix. I have ridden my MB to Yuma and back a couple of times. In the short winter. Our summers are also 6 months long, 4 month winter, 1 month spring and fall.
4 month winter? That's a bit much, dontcha think? Our 'winter' is equiv to most other's late fall/mid-spring. the 3 days of 35deg temps should be considered Phoenix' 'winter'

(I'm in Phx too, btw.)

4 month winter? That's a bit much, dontcha think? Our 'winter' is equiv to most other's late fall/mid-spring. the 3 days of 35deg temps should be considered Phoenix' 'winter'

(I'm in Phx too, btw.)
Hi Neighbor Chris, I am in Sunnyslope off of 15th Ave and Peoria.
Have you been here long?
~50 years of my life has been in the valley so I acclimated to the weather, but this week wasn't very friendly, and the weather wonks are predicting mid-90's this weekend, ~18F above normal and we may set a new record high today.

Out here in the inland empire it hits 110 in the summer all day... I have yet to test my 4 stroke in the heat just got it in October when the months finally started to cool. Kinda happy I got to break her in, in cold weather less stress denser air... Anyone with experience with a 4 stoke in horrid heat please feel free to pipe up haha
I'm in the inland empire as well!!! I've seen it at 117 here. Hot is hot.

Last edited:
Back