Imminent Death of the 48/49/50cc HT engine

Aren't the 66cc the same stroke and jug stud pattern? Could a guy just buy a 47mm and put a 40mm jug and piston and head and studs on it?

It's way sooner than you think legislation has already been passed to phase out 2 strokes from American snowmobile manufactures. I believe they were given a extension. Once the Americans aren't allowed to sell 2 strokes, the EPA will no longer let us import them. How else could you make a snowmobile cost 20 Grand.
The way these engines are imported is as parts, not engines. The top end is not installed when they come across the ocean. That's how you beat the system.

The way these engines are imported is as parts, not engines. The top end is not installed when they come across the ocean. That's how you beat the system.

I'm not sure about that, I think there's some other requisite like only recommending for off road use on. Pretty certain that Ebay and Amazon cheapies are coming fully assembled, you just have to go over them pretty thoroughly, pull the jug, disassembled, cleaned and checked over before running.

They would not be sold here in the US for less than $110 if someone was spending 15 minutes assembling the cylinders to the cases. Our wages aren't that low.

And about Man caused global warming, the science is already proven it's happening, my concern is we as Americans keep driving huge, CO2 belching dinosaurs one person to a vehicle most times.

You can always add a catalyst to a 2 stroke engine, Flying Horse is already doing this, doesn't matter if it's 48 cc or 66 cc, as the cat will burn the bad smokey part of the exhaust. If Husqvarna can make little muffler/cats for their 28 cc weedies that burn off the smoke efficiently at 50:1 oil ratios, we should also see 2 stroke bike engines with cats that work at 40:1 ~ 50:1

No, it's not a scam.

I'm well versed enough in knowing what atmospheric science is saying, I have a nephew in the NOAA who's monitoring this, and he's pretty concerned. He and his wife live on the Big Island and the coral reefs surrounding Hawaii are slowly dying off. You can pretend to ignore it, or accept that we've changed the rate of what was a already peaked out cyclical solar driven temperature rise that would have ended in the 1970's.

Ask our new member in Australia about their recent extreme summer temps of the last decade or so, this isn't an anomaly.

Who would know what the peak and how hot the Earth is "supposed" to get between ice ages before it starts cooling again? No one can know these things. How long has a thermometer even been around that is accurate within 2 degrees? Why would the Earth just happen to stop and float in some climate that is good for the way life is right now? Allegedly during the reign of the dinosaurs CO2 ppm in the atmosphere was 1200. Today is 300 but in controlled environments most plants thrive from 1000 to 1500 ppm. I call bull s**t on the whole damn thing.

Scientists have a pretty good record of CO2 atmosphere levels trapped in Greenland's deep ice cores, Some go far back a almost a quarter million years.

You can certainly raise CO2 levels in greenhouses and plants thrive in it. It becomes a bigger problem in our oceans when it acidifies the water, especially in oceans because of the dissolved Calcium Carbonates which act as an alkaline buffer lose their acid buffering ability as the CO2 present in sea water rises, add enough CO2 and many small important free floating algae that make Oxygen that have CaO2 cores start to die and the build up of this biomass, creates Hydrogen Sulfides, enormous dead zones in all of our oceans. H2S is a pretty bad greenhouse gas, as is Methane CH4.

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...-may-have-caused-earths-worst-mass-extinction

Also there are ways of analyzing sedimentary rocks to work out levels of Carbon from atmospheric CO2 that that plants were sequestering as far back as the Carboniferous and Permian eras over 400 million years ago. The Permian extinction event was a direct result of enormous lava flows in Siberia causing billions of tons of soft coal to ignite, raising the worldwide CO2 levels over 800 parts per million and acidifying the world's fresh water and oceans. The extreme levels of Co2 also raised the earth's temperature over 20 degrees 95% of all life and species on this planet perished.

Last edited:
Overall small 4 strokes pollute less than the 2 strokes. Imagine if there were no cars and only motorcycles. In places like India bikes are much more common. Technology really is a curse in a lot of ways and I can understand why old timers sometimes don’t catch on. In just a few hundred years we have advanced so much that it’s crazy literally for thousands of years we were walking and riding horses then all of a sudden the industrial revolution strikes. We now live in a generation that hates nature and is addicted to the internet also has a sugar addiction. I always see outcast gamer kids commenting on the primitive living videos on YouTube. Its not about being a redneck it’s just a bad problem if someone doesn’t get to be in nature. That game fortnite is cancerous too. Literally any dollar store is filled with sugar packed chemical laden consumables. People don’t even know how to get their own food from nature. Don’t forget we have a president that doesn’t believe in climate change. Things aren’t looking good. Remember not too long ago there was no cellphones, no tv none of that. I actually wish I had grown up in that time.

I wish more "climate change" (had to change the liberal lingo from global warming because it was proven not true) people would agree that we literally are one super volcano eruption away from abrupt extreme climate change. One super volcano eruption will over shadow all man's greenhouse gas emissions since before the industrial revolution. Who's Earth is it really?

Back