In Storage Since October --- Won't Start Now

Randall

Local time
1:09 PM
And yes I forgot to run all of the gas out of the carb. Do I need to take the carb off and clean the jet and float bowl? I was thinking acetone for cleaner. (???)

You could try carb. cleaner from the local parts store. Remove the top and the fuel line. Spray off the slide and needle. Use the spray tube to spray into the fuel inlet and jet tube. Fill it up and let it set a bit. Then remove the drain screw and blast it out again. Drain the tank, and flush it out with a little raw gas. put her back together add fresh premix and off you go.

You could try carb. cleaner from the local parts store. Remove the top and the fuel line. Spray off the slide and needle. Use the spray tube to spray into the fuel inlet and jet tube. Fill it up and let it set a bit. Then remove the drain screw and blast it out again. Drain the tank, and flush it out with a little raw gas. put her back together add fresh premix and off you go.

I will try that. Thank you, Gary.

Your welcome. I think that will do the trick, and if not you can always pull the carb. Don't forget after it's all done you might have to hit the tickler button a few times to get the new fuel going.

It did the trick, thanks again Gary.

Back