Inch pound

One more time the tightness of the nut is how many inch pounds thank you!!!

Remember there are small torque wrenches that only measure in inch lbs, and those that measure in foot lbs. My opinion the bigger foot lb wrenches aren't accurate as an inch lb wrench in the lower values if using and dividing by 12.

1707612374415.png

Amazon Basics 1/4-Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench - 20-150 Inch-Lb, 2.5-15 Nm​

1707612475213.png

Proto Foot Pound Ratchet Head Torque Wrenches 1/2 in 16 ft Lb-80 ft Lb​

Check out this 5 step process for tightening the head bolts on my Harley M8
Besides using torque valve Harley uses degree value too

Step 5 tighten another 90* turn

View attachment 207815
Ahh, the good ol' angular torque method. It's actually more repeatable and accurate than torque values as things like oil, thread locking compound, grit, etc can actually throw off the actual applied torque value to the bolt because the coefficient of friction between the threads is changed. 50ft-lbs on a dry bolt can easily be double that applied to an oiled bolt, but the torque wrench will only register 50. I see lots of people snap small bolts because of this.

My favorite one to date is the lower case bolts for the main bearing journals on my honda's V4. 20ft-lbs, followed by 270 degrees done in 3 stages of 90. So glad I spend the money on a fancy digital torque wrench with an angle tracking function and multiple memory points.

Ahh, the good ol' angular torque method. It's actually more repeatable and accurate than torque values as things like oil, thread locking compound, grit, etc can actually throw off the actual applied torque value to the bolt because the coefficient of friction between the threads is changed. 50ft-lbs on a dry bolt can easily be double that applied to an oiled bolt, but the torque wrench will only register 50. I see lots of people snap small bolts because of this.

My favorite one to date is the lower case bolts for the main bearing journals on my honda's V4. 20ft-lbs, followed by 270 degrees done in 3 stages of 90. So glad I spend the money on a fancy digital torque wrench with an angle tracking function and multiple memory points.
This is why I tell idiots at work to clean and oil the threads and collars of flange lug-nuts as per procedure.

Torque doesn't hold a wheel on, it's the clamp-load.

I'm also the only one to torque lug nuts instead of rat-tatting them on.

We are talking 385, 75 22.5 wheels/tires, if they come off, people die.

You have it there, the difference between oiled, and dry galling situations. Can't say enough about the thumb on the front of the racket and wrist pressure only. Many have mentioned this before, but until you trash a couple and learn the feel for it, now you understand. Just go easy on them and check often.

Back