Intake Resonator

20000 horsepower!!! It can fly!!! Strap explosives to it=new Iranian weapon!!

How comes I got a peak rpm of 5850, and my meter says its at 349 hz, but if you convert rpm to hz, it should be 98hz? I guess each engine has a different frequency to rpm "multiplier" because different engine have different tones maybe??
You should work with the rpm to Hz conversion values. The frequency of the engine sounds has nothing to do with it.

You're going to get more gain out of making your air-cleaner's intake tract to the carb more streamlined and tuned.

Honda has been doing this since they introduced their little pushrod 49cc bikes, that make over 4.5 hp @ 9000 rpm.

You're going to get more gain out of making your air-cleaner's intake tract to the carb more streamlined and tuned.

Honda has been doing this since they introduced their little pushrod 49cc bikes, that make over 4.5 hp @ 9000 rpm.
I wonder if the air cleaner causes any resistance. Could I just replace it with a sheet cut to size of tight wire mesh?

its called a velocity stack filter. something like this but youll need to look for the right size

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Yes it is. Only thing I notice is it has no issue getting air and it's loud. The surface area of the filter is large and the internal volume is well over the displacement so it should help.
Did you have to do any jetting?

This is more of what I'm talking about, the long, black rubber intake between the carb and air-filter. If you remove this intake tract on these little Hondas, they lose most of their top RPM range.

HondaTrail55.jpg

Same with the Hodaka Ace 90.

'64HodakaAce90.jpg

Back