Safety Invisible Bike Helmet?? Definately forward thinking.

That's what they said about airbag motorcycle road racing leathers: the airbag and electronics might not work reliably. Time has moved on and now everyone is riding with airbag technology in the highest category of motorcycle racing - MotoGP

Just because it might fail is the same argument placed against flying - the plane might fall out of the sky, and yes, some do, but look at how many planes reliably freight cargo and people around the world. The reliability is so good that only the paranoid still hold onto this fear of flying, and the airbag helmet will be the same over time; reliable and more compact with only the paranoid avoiding it's use.

Road racers actually embrace a lot of technology, especially the ones building light weight bicycles. If you didn't know, shaving the legs makes applying embrocation creams and medicine or sunscreen easier, and makes cleaning up faster. I don't understand the circumcision comment. www.nocirc.org.
Like all of new technologies, they will become cheaper over times as well as more efficient in their integration, i.e. lighter, more comfortable, more effective as well as being fitted to a greater range of clothing to give higher levels of protection.

There will always be the segment of the market which will shun such technology like the hard core road racing cyclist who removes a 20 gram bicycle bell to reduce weight and shaves his legs and gets his manhood circumcised to reduce wind resistance.

I like my motorcycle helmet! People look at me weird sometimes. But safety 1st!

That's me I don't care what people thank I crash I want to be protected

Some people thank they do not need any kind of helmet, say I can land right, or i can not see as well, to me there crazy yes it might be a little harder to see but, when a car hits ya you will be so glad you had a helmet.

Back