jb's Easy motorbike

in Hawaii they say -- that's the kind

I rode it today & it seems fine.

hi jb

if while riding it it seems fine as in Hawaii they say -- that's the KIND
referred to here on sire as a good thing

sure do like the looks of that EZ motor setup on your bike -- nice and clean
and I hear that they are a running machine !!!

have fun -- be careful -- as you ride the EZ motor bike thing

It's still running good with hundreds of miles on it. Just keeps going, of course I can't mention what the brand name is. I don't want to get more infraction points :).
Jay

I'm a newb here but how did you guys get EZ kits? Their website seems to be mostly hopefull BS. Is more happening than is shown on their site? I'm in the process of deciding what I want to build first and I'd just as soon stay away from Chicom 2 strokes so this could be a very good thing for me.

Steve

OK, after checking my state and the 3 surrounding states I see that the closest "dealer" is about 7-8 hours away. There are quiet a few in NC though, including the president. So I guess my confusion comes from seeing a very hopeful web presence with no way to get anything via the web. Are there kits for this? Are they available? If so; what is in the kit? What does the kit look like? Are there any options? How long will it take to ship to my location. And last, but certainly not least, how much is that puppy going to cost?

If a company is going to have a web presence then these are all questions which should be answered on their web site so that the people spending the money can get the answers as quickly as possible. To make the customer chase you down is just silly. Heck, if weren't interested in the design I'd have already moved on. Which is what I'm about to do, there's just way to much competition out there in this field to play cattle baron of the MBs.

Steve

Not really man, I have no desire to be a dealer of anything. Besides, I don't know anything about them or their product and they seem to like it that way.

Steve

It would be nice to be able to just browse the web site but I contacted the dealer in California, he has been good about answering questions and has even sent pictures of his set up. Looks like they'll run about $260

This is the most useful info I have found...

The EZM Q-Matic is completely different from all other drive systems. First it is American made; secondly the heart of the system is based around the world's best clutch.

We researched the majority of the current drive systems and found them based on poor engineering and poor quality control. Many are based around clutches designed for other uses such as roto tillers, edgers, weed eaters, etc. Sadly the clutch needed for a motorbike has different requirements. The clutch must engage smoothly, engage completely, and have the correct stall speed. Further research lead us to find a clutch actually designed to move a motor vehicle and be of such quality to be durable. It seems most companies don't have a clue of the demands of a motorbike clutch. This research lead us straight to MaxTorque an American company that designed the centrifugal clutch used on commercial go cart tracks. If their clutch could hold up under the severe conditions of go-cart rental, it surely could work on a motorbike.

While it is true the clutch is costly, using specially designed parts, it is also "bullet Proof" and won't strand anyone with broken clutch housings, loose shoes, excessive wear, and more importantly it won't damage the crankshaft of the motor [because it isn't installed on the motor]. We worked closely with MaxTorque to modify and make a "special" clutch for our system and still use the basic proven design. The MaxTorque clutch designed for the Q-Matic isn't a standard production unit, but they quickly helped us with special custom parts for our system to make it work 100% correct.

The clutch is approx 4" across and uses 6 shoes [not 2 or 3], the replacement parts [if ever needed] would be easy to install and are reasonably priced. We even designed the Q-Matic to accept special "Racing" clutches from MaxTorque if one wanted to move in that direction.

The Warranty is one year on the clutch and the drive can be rotated to use as a rack mount if desired.

Because of the design of many motors used as motorbike power plants, attaching a clutch directly to the crankshaft can lead to serious problems. Adding the weight and stress of a clutch can damage the crankcase, crankshaft, crankshaft bearing [some motors don't even use bearings on the output side of the crankshaft] and worst of all the width of the motor ends up so wide it causes many other issues.

Another major advantage to the Q-Matic is the high "pass thru rate". Many current drive systems consume a large amount of power, and when starting with 2 HP you can't afford to give up much. As an example think about turning gears in heavy grease [to quite down the excessive noise], it is similar to rowing a boat in the mud. Also consider the large amount of power needed to run a CVT drive [up to 30% loss]. How about running a clutch in grease or oil with 2 or 3 pivot shoes and expect it to completely lock.

The Q-Matic is slim, durable, silent, American made, and transfers almost all the power to the wheel. The Q-Matic can use completely different drive ratios to increase gas mileage, run the motor at a lower RPM to increase the motor life as compared to other companies. The Q-Matic drive is designed to use the peak torque of the motor, not WOT all the time like many current offerings. The Q-Matic is tuned to take advantage of torque, and can easily be altered to provide different ratios for hills & heavier riders often for less than $15.00.

Back