jesse james motorized??

What I'm looking for is someone who has converter the original JJ Chopper gas tank to a real gas tank.
I just picked up a used one and I would like to use it on a motorized chopper style bicycle that I'm building. I saw a video posted on this thread by Matt. It looks like a with a JJ chopper tank. So Matt if you're still out there please let know how the tank was converted to a real tank? I think I know how to do it but I like to research things maybe find a better way to do it.

What I'm looking for is someone who has converter the original JJ Chopper gas tank to a real gas tank.
I just picked up a used one and I would like to use it on a motorized chopper style bicycle that I'm building. I saw a video posted on this thread by Matt. It looks like a with a JJ chopper tank. So Matt if you're still out there please let know how the tank was converted to a real tank? I think I know how to do it but I like to research things maybe find a better way to do it.
I've done a few of them now,there's a few thing's that need to be done for it to work properly.I used an old stock tank for the filler neck and cap,I also used the threaded outlet for the petcock and welded them in,along with welding all the open seem's.Next was the mount's since I'm using them on the WCC chopper I'm using the blind nut's in the tank,they needed to be filled with wax prior to sealing so that after the sealer has cured the wax can be removed leaving the blind nut's threads below the cured sealer.Tbh I have two preped atm and need to do one more before I go ahead and seal them,the Caswell tank sealer is not cheap and the small kit say's it will do 2 small motorcycle tank's so I'm thinking it will do three of these tanks no problem.

I've done a few of them now,there's a few thing's that need to be done for it to work properly.I used an old stock tank for the filler neck and cap,I also used the threaded outlet for the petcock and welded them in,along with welding all the open seem's.Next was the mount's since I'm using them on the WCC chopper I'm using the blind nut's in the tank,they needed to be filled with wax prior to sealing so that after the sealer has cured the wax can be removed leaving the blind nut's threads below the cured sealer. Tbh I have two preped atm and need to do one more before I go ahead and seal them,the Caswell tank sealer is not cheap and the small kit say's it will do 2 small motorcycle tank's so I'm thinking it will do three of these tanks no problem.

Thanks for the reply. What welding technique are you using? Have you ever tried brazing the filler and the edges? Wow just priced the sealer and your right...expensive. I'm only building one tank so I'll have to figure out a less expensive way to seal it. Have you ever tried epoxy as a sealer? I use to fly RC planes and when I built one I would coat the area around the tank, to protect the wood. As far as the blind nuts I'm guessing you are drilling wholes the tubing. (?) Next have you ever considered making video, just a thought.
Thanks again.

Thanks for the reply. What welding technique are you using? Have you ever tried brazing the filler and the edges? Wow just priced the sealer and your right...expensive. I'm only building one tank so I'll have to figure out a less expensive way to seal it. Have you ever tried epoxy as a sealer? I use to fly RC planes and when I built one I would coat the area around the tank, to protect the wood. As far as the blind nuts I'm guessing you are drilling wholes the tubing. (?) Next have you ever considered making video, just a thought.
Thanks again.
I use a mig welder atm,The sealer is basicly a two part epoxy system with a polysulphite or some comprable componant to with stand gas and oil's.I fly r/c as well but coating the engine bay and tank area with epoxy is to seal the wood from the small percentage of oil used in glow fuel the main componants are alcohol and nitro methane neither of witch alone would do much damage it's the oil's.The stock mounting of that tank on the factory frame has two mounting holes through he top tube and the wall thickness and dia of that tube is much greater than regular and mostly why I chose that frame.There are quite a few people that have used this tank and you may well find more info about it but imo it's a long process and I'm not going to be doing a video on it as there are many allready for bike tank's and fake tank frames.

i found a jesse james chopper bike for sale cheap but im not sure wat motor to use.. heres 2 videos of bikes thats are fully built but im just unsure of the kit or motor

4 stroke if you can do it most states don't like the two strokes, let out to much smoke and noise, plus two strokes over heat.

Almost a year old thread but what ever lol. Reading the literature about it, it seems like most states don't even differentiate between 2 stroke and 4 stroke as written in the law. It's usually a max hp, max cc, and max speed. For example MN is 2hp, 50 cc, and 30mph on flat ground.

i built this

Not sure if your still on thread but I’m curious what kind of mount or offset used for your engine?

Attachments

• D72A88AD-8510-4273-9236-B9968FF3395A.jpeg
    D72A88AD-8510-4273-9236-B9968FF3395A.jpeg
    202.8 KB · Views: 129
  • 9DB83E1B-677D-469E-853D-26620FB352F8.jpeg
    9DB83E1B-677D-469E-853D-26620FB352F8.jpeg
    177.9 KB · Views: 131
  • 643DC5A9-919C-487A-AF85-F510F7AF4662.jpeg
    643DC5A9-919C-487A-AF85-F510F7AF4662.jpeg
    216.6 KB · Views: 162
  • ABE3E1B4-5267-4EC7-981E-566458AC746E.jpeg
    ABE3E1B4-5267-4EC7-981E-566458AC746E.jpeg
    125.4 KB · Views: 124
motor fits all snug in that WCC tight frame setup with some small edits :p just gotta use the ol noggin

and i've read everything from page 1-3 did people forget that the occ chopper can become things like this thanks to pedalchopper :p

View attachment 91801 motor fits all snug in that WCC tight frame setup with some small edits :p just gotta use the ol noggin

and i've read everything from page 1-3 did people forget that the occ chopper can become things like this thanks to pedalchopper :p
View attachment 91802
View attachment 91803View attachment 91804
Depends on what you want it to do! I personally don't like the occ frame it's too small too thin and break's too easy.The wcc/Jesse James frame has much thicker walled tubes,better rake and way better triple trees and forks without having to add alot of extra cost to a build,there is no offset needed to do the wcc frame but you have to fab your own mounting system.Jim's builds look cool af but the price has me shaking my head,I could buy a real bike for that much money,where it only cost me around $600 to build this one!
My Ride.jpg

Back