KilroyCD's and RdKryton's EZM project

I don't know if I'm sold on the flexible exhaust and I am wondering if that will be the standard offering or an optional extra. I like the shorter exhausts but the ones with the rounded bottom and not the squared off bottom as shown on Azbill's bike. I can see that Azbill has adapted his exhaust cos I can see the weld. Some of the 4-stroke kits had a terrible exhaust that sticks out straight for too far before curving. They really are horrible to look at. I like the ones that curve right from the manifold because they usually match exactly the curve of the gooseneck downtube. I also like the full length poo poo pipe but you can't have a left side panier with it. Incidentally nothing sounds better than a full length poo poo pipe with the silencer off the end - it is very loud and sounds very much like a racing bike engine. Unfortunately it is far too loud but it sure was fun when I did it for a short 5 minute ride. I'll load a video of it on you-tube if anyone is interested. Azbills Jaguar is a nice bike cos it has proper back brakes and what looks like a front hub brake with dynamo. Is that correct Azbill? We can't get any Schwinn cruiser in Australia this year with rear v-brake - it's coasters on ALL models now. They must have read my postings on this website. I'll bet Azbills grandkids love that trailer.

Kilroy, somewhere on MBc is a link to a guy in Canberra, Australia who makes an engine mounting tray for 4-strokes that might just suit this EZM kit. I remember it is very flat in section which allows it to be mounted lower and leaves more engine space so you aren't too cramped at the top of the engine. Might be worth looking into because it's his main item of production - I'm almost sure he doesn't sell kits. Fetor probably knows the link or maybe Bolts?

Offhand i can't help.....info might be in my PC somewhere & if i find it i'll let Kilroy know.
From memory he sold these thick pressed-metal bases for around $50 each(with stabalizer bar) & was loosely tied-up with George from MBB.Possibly the next time your chattin with George run it by him.
Bolts?

I don't know if I'm sold on the flexible exhaust and I am wondering if that will be the standard offering or an optional extra.

Azbills Jaguar is a nice bike cos it has proper back brakes and what looks like a front hub brake with dynamo. Is that correct Azbill? .

Incidentally nothing sounds better than a full length poo poo pipe with the silencer off the end - it is very loud and sounds very much like a racing bike engine. Unfortunately it is far too loud but it sure was fun when I did it for a short 5 minute ride. I'll load a video of it on you-tube if anyone is interested.
Hi Irish
The flexible exhaust is an optional extra for the EZ Motorbike kit

The front brake on Azbills Jaguar is a Sturmey Archer XF-D which is a very
nice brake.
There is a more expensive option from Sturmey Archer that includes a
dynamo.
FireBellyCycles sells them.

Did you ever upload that video? I would like to hear what that sounds like....

Last edited:
Hi Irish
The flexible exhaust is an optional extra for the EZ Motorbike kit

The front brake on Azbills Jaguar is a Sturmey Archer XF-D which is a very
nice brake.
There is a more expensive option from Sturmey Archer that includes a
dynamo.
FireBellyCycles sells them.

Did you ever upload that video? I would like to hear what that sounds like....

Thanks for that answer. Very usefull Forbisher and I'll be using those sturmey archers because they are British. I'll upload the video this week-end and post the URL on this thread or maybe on a special separate thread along with Mike Hailwood's Honda 5 cylinder 125cc which doesn't sounf dissimilar.
"When you are born British you have been dealt an ace from the pack of life but you will probably leak oil!" .......Irish John 1993

Irish John, I also like the Sturmey Archer drum brakes, and in fact I have an S-A "Steelite" on my '46 Columbia: http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z21/KilroyCD/My Bikes/ja09_001.jpg
Ultimately I plan to install one on the EZ, but that might have to wait until winter.

She's a beauty Kilroy - lovely bike and I notice the Columbia decal on the tank. I'll look up the 'Steelite' to see if it's a brake\dynamo hub or just a brake. Presume the former cos of the lamp on the front.
I love the uncluttered handlebars with room for two mirrors. No need for chain tensioner cos your chain is the right tension. Big rear sprocket - 48T? - you must live in hilly country. Where did you get the lovely saddle which looks still new? And is it comfy? Those fenders would keep the engine clean as well. I'll bet you could sit on the rear one if you were a kid.

She's a beauty Kilroy - lovely bike and I notice the Columbia decal on the tank. I'll look up the 'Steelite' to see if it's a brake\dynamo hub or just a brake. Presume the former cos of the lamp on the front.
I love the uncluttered handlebars with room for two mirrors. No need for chain tensioner cos your chain is the right tension. Big rear sprocket - 48T? - you must live in hilly country. Where did you get the lovely saddle which looks still new? And is it comfy? Those fenders would keep the engine clean as well. I'll bet you could sit on the rear one if you were a kid.

Irish John, thanks for the kind words about the bike. The Steelite hub is just a brake. The headlamp is battery operated. The sprocket is a 50T, and you're right, I am in hilly country. Since that photo was taken I've replaced the saddle with a very similar black one with chrome seat rails. I may go back to the brown one though. It's a Person's Majestic saddle that is out of production, but does show up from time to time on eBay. The Columbia decals I got through Memory Lane Classics. I recently bought two round mirrors like those on the Columbia, and they will be going on the EZ (probably this weekend).

Back