Ky laws...


Local time
1:51 AM
Mar 16, 2008
Here is what I found at the Division of Driver Licensing - KY Motorcycle Rider Education Program web site for any other ky boys wonderin.

Moped licenses are issued in the circuit clerk's office in the Kentucky County of residence.

You must be at least 16 years old and have a permit to ride a moped in Kentucky.

A 'moped' is defined as having: "No more than two (2) brake horsepower, a cylinder capacity not exceeding fifty (50) cubic centimeters, an automatic transmission not requiring clutching or shifting by the operator after the drive system is engaged, and capable of a maximum speed of not more than thirty (30) miles per hour." KRS 189.285. If not sure about the vehicle, contact the County Clerk's office to find out if the vehicle needs to be licensed.

First time applicants for a moped license that do not have either an operator or motorcycle license must complete a driver license application. They will only be required to complete the general knowledge and vision tests---neither a skills test or permit is required. Upon successful completion of the required tests, a license can be issued. Applicants who already have any form of valid motor vehicle operator's license or permit (Class D, M or a CDL) do not have to apply for a moped license. A driver with a moped license who later requests an operator or motorcycle license must surrender the moped license after the operator or motorcycle license is obtained.

Applicants for a moped license who are under 18 years of age must have a parent or legal guardian who is willing to assume responsibility imposed by KRS 186.590 sign the application for a license. If a parent or legal guardian has already signed the application allowing the minor to drive a motorcycle or automobile, they must also sign the application for the moped.
great job !

i was gonna post the kentucky laws, when i did this search first

HOWEVER ! check for city ordinances...the local nazi's may have added
a little more than the state did