Lifan 152f-3 main jet availability?

SirLurksAlot

Local time
12:39 PM
Hello all! I've been lurking here for a lil while, and it's time for my first question. Hopefully one with an easy answer...

I've got the lifan 152f-3 on a Phatmoto all terrain. Overall, it's a so-so bike, warts snd all imo. Anyway, here at 5000ft elevation, it runs pretty darn rich - like sooty black sparkplug and carbon plugging the spark-arrestor rich. Comes stock with a "#51" main jet. A #49 is recommended for high-altitude. I've found one for just over $30. $30 for a main jet.... I can buy the whole carb for less.

Any suggestions or ideas (besides solder and a drill) for obtaining it (or a #50) for something like a reasonable price? After dealing with their so-called "warranty" and "customer service", the idea of spending another dime with them is repugnant to me....not that they reply to serious warranty issue inquiries, anyway.

Nuff of my whining.... Any ideas, thoughts, or suggestions?

TIA!

Thanks for the reply!

No. But I have removed the air filter element and did a proper reading (years ago I built and raced yamaha twins, so I know how)... It's not restricted intake that's at fault. At 5000ft elevation, a rich condition isn't too surprising... It just needs a proper main jet. #49 is recommended for 7000ft or greater, so I'm thinking a #50 would likely be near ideal. Can't find that, so far. And a #49, while likely acceptable, at $30+ becomes unacceptable to me.

Basically, I'm trying to find a reasonable source or substitute....

That's probably what I'll have to do. I was trying to avoid that due to travel distance and just plain retired old-fart laziness. Lol

Back in the day, the question would not have been needed. Full shop and lots of parts, plus some decent connections. Alas, no more.

Btw Karl, I'm half-tempted to get some nitropropane and mix enough in my fuel to accomplish an effectively leaner mix...and the bike could stand a bit more oomph, anyway. You've tickled my imagination with your experiments!

That's probably what I'll have to do. I was trying to avoid that due to travel distance and just plain retired old-fart laziness. Lol

Back in the day, the question would not have been needed. Full shop and lots of parts, plus some decent connections. Alas, no more.

Btw Karl, I'm half-tempted to get some nitropropane and mix enough in my fuel to accomplish an effectively leaner mix...and the bike could stand a bit more oomph, anyway. You've tickled my imagination with your experiments!
Just be careful on how much ya mix. Lol. Its really fun stuff. Love the smell of it after burning too. Mmmmm race day smell of castor and nitro. Ive got about a gallon of it left. Enough to finish out the year of riding here. If you do use it for leaning, start about 1 ounce a gallon. Doesnt really add much power at that level, but it noticeably leans the mix. You can try calling around of you know the thread length and cut size. A lot of them are 5mm or 6mm threads.

Yeah, I planned on being very conservative with the nitro. No need to find out how well a 212 fits that soon... All good things in their own time.

1 ounce per gal, huh. Pretty effective oxygenation. All new stuff to me as nitro in any form wasn't seen in road course or street racing back when I was riding hot bikes. I keep imagining my last RD with nitroprop... Or better still, my t500 Suzuki. That one would have been perfect - coolest running hotrod I ever owned. Could lay my bare hand on the head at 70mph with a passenger aboard, and leave it there. Not quite uncomfortably warm.

Anyway, just saying you got me thinking. Always a dangerous thing!

Yeah, I planned on being very conservative with the nitro. No need to find out how well a 212 fits that soon... All good things in their own time.

1 ounce per gal, huh. Pretty effective oxygenation. All new stuff to me as nitro in any form wasn't seen in road course or street racing back when I was riding hot bikes. I keep imagining my last RD with nitroprop... Or better still, my t500 Suzuki. That one would have been perfect - coolest running hotrod I ever owned. Could lay my bare hand on the head at 70mph with a passenger aboard, and leave it there. Not quite uncomfortably warm.

Anyway, just saying you got me thinking. Always a dangerous thing!
Its great stuff. Works way better on a motorized bike than i imagined it would. I went all the way to 32 oz a gal. Boy was that fun!!! Thing is it was fun for a quarter mile or so at that level. Just got way to hot after a quarter run. I dropped an ounce in a bike that was tuned in winter and runs slightly rich, cleared the burbble up. Then I'll just leave out the nitro in winter when i ride it. I'm really loving the nitro fun. I feel ya on the thinking... Lol same here. Bwuahahhaha. Thinking got me shoving rocket fuel in my bikes. Lmao

I'm hoping that being fan-cooled will help with heat issues. It's pretty thoroughly immune to heat-soak or extended idling after a hard run kinds of issues. So far at least. <he said optimistically>

We'll see what the budget can afford. I'm definitely curious how it affects more than just jetting. This lifan is likely very reliable and long-lived... It's also a gutless lump. Lol

I'm in the desert and broke this thing in on 90°+ days with not a hint of hot engine running. So, I'm thinking I've got a lil bit more head-room than I'd have with a 2 stroke.

I'm hoping that being fan-cooled will help with heat issues. It's pretty thoroughly immune to heat-soak or extended idling after a hard run kinds of issues. So far at least. <he said optimistically>

We'll see what the budget can afford. I'm definitely curious how it affects more than just jetting. This lifan is likely very reliable and long-lived... It's also a gutless lump. Lol

I'm in the desert and broke this thing in on 90°+ days with not a hint of hot engine running. So, I'm thinking I've got a lil bit more head-room than I'd have with a 2 stroke.
Oh yeah forgot it was a 4. Should run cooler with nitro than my 2 stroker. An the fan is an added bonus. Try a 16 ounce bottle before ya go with a gallon jug. Make sure ya like it. Its pretty pricy stuff, worth it to me though. In just the smiles i get from using it. 😆

Back