Little something I picked up on eBay

45u

Local time
10:05 AM
Makes things easier and you have a much less chance of bending or breaking a ring. The black and white nylon pieces are to lock up the motor by inserting in the plug hole and when piston comes up locking the motor. The red flat piece is use to hold the piston square after installing on the rod while putting the cylinder on using the ring compressor.

I have been a wrench and tool freak all my life. I have more in special tools then I do my rig (motorcycle and sidecar) not counting my machines. I like to have the correct tool for the job at hand. Yes, some can rebuild a motor with a pair of vise grips and a screw driver but what type of job do you end up with.

Nice. :)
I don't understand what the black and white bits do but nvm.
I know what you mean about the specific tools... I'm in a permanent state of "just need one/few more then I'll be able to do stuff" :rolleyes:

I use the white piece on the motors we run. When you put it in the plug hole and move the piston up it will lock the piston by one side on the piston and the other side against the head which locks the motor to take off the mag nut, power take off gear screw and so on. Some in the 1/5 scale RC use a piece of rope but I worry about part of the rope getting I the motor. They make metal piston locks you screw in the plug hole but I feel the nylon piston stop is safer and less likely to hurt the piston or mess up the head.

You do not use both the black and white piece at a time just one. The white one works best on the motors we run and the black one is too small.

The kit was something like $13 shipped.

Maybe this will help to understand. I am not good with words.

Attachments

• DSCF9179.JPG
    DSCF9179.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 241
  • DSCF9181.JPG
    DSCF9181.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 189
Sorry bought this about a month ago. You will have to do a search on eBay and I think these where in with the chain saw parts. If you look at the picture it has the sellers name on it.

hose clamp, zip tie, wire with some ali can...all work just as well.

the HT rings are virtually foolproof, so thick and chunky, with plenty of taper.

and theres plenty of access ;)

doing my NSR piston a few weeks ago... ARRRGH!

Back