longer exhaust

harold dent42

Local time
7:17 AM
Hello all, ive been riding my bike quite a bit recently and ive been wanting to change the exhaust so it comes out behind me, i wanna do this for looks as well as a quest for more power and of course fun. anyway the idea im tampering with is taking an old stock exhaust and cutting it in half then extending it with a length of pipe, i know that a pipe like that exists but it would be more fun to make it. the only thing im really worried about is it hurting my power band. any tips, suggestions, or questions? if you have anything to say about it please do i love to learn. :) have a good day

Hello all, ive been riding my bike quite a bit recently and ive been wanting to change the exhaust so it comes out behind me, i wanna do this for looks as well as a quest for more power and of course fun. anyway the idea im tampering with is taking an old stock exhaust and cutting it in half then extending it with a length of pipe, i know that a pipe like that exists but it would be more fun to make it. the only thing im really worried about is it hurting my power band. any tips, suggestions, or questions? if you have anything to say about it please do i love to learn. :) have a good day
Mz65 or you can get ahold of this guy in middle america, he makes a KS65 out of a mz65. They cost more than a Mz though. I watched that guy in middle america run out of stainless steel, so he took some charcoal from the grill and some cold rolled steel, downed a fifth of fireball, ate the charcoal and steel, and crapped out 20 foot sections of 316 stainless.

Easiest no wait though would be the mz65 pipe.

Mz65 or you can get ahold of this guy in middle america, he makes a KS65 out of a mz65. They cost more than a Mz though. I watched that guy in middle america run out of stainless steel, so he took some charcoal from the grill and some cold rolled steel, downed a fifth of fireball, ate the charcoal and steel, and crapped out 20 foot sections of 316 stainless.

Easiest no wait though would be the mz65 pipe.
KS65... Is that the 27hp@ 5000 rpm or 47@8500 one...

Attachments

• thumb_slowly-waiting-for-them-to-finish-season-8-of-shameless-36143828.png
    thumb_slowly-waiting-for-them-to-finish-season-8-of-shameless-36143828.png
    37.5 KB · Views: 110
KS65... Is that the 27hp@ 5000 rpm or 47@8500 one...
LOL, it's good for up to a 5000 hp single cylinder 2 stroke. lol jk

Mz ain't a bad pipe for those just tooling around. With my mods, it really takes it to a new level though. Works best with the big bertha chamber.
Oh, im sure if it was crapped out that it wasn't "stainless"...lol...It was stained with something...lol.
I wiped off the residue......Charmin

LOL, it's good for up to a 5000 hp single cylinder 2 stroke. lol jk

Mz ain't a bad pipe for those just tooling around. With my mods, it really takes it to a new level though. Works best with the big bertha chamber.

I wiped off the residue......Charmin
I have a MZ pipe but it was hand made not like eBay ones... It's heavy... It's buried or I would put up a picture... When I lived in Florida someone made it for me

Harold this may help, I built several pipes about ten years ago using different length head pipes, the best performing pipe for low end torque had a 16" head pipe. Mine helped on the top end too. If you measure any of the pipes sold on ebay or Amazon the head pipe will be close to that. Those pipes are way better than a stock pipe if you add a silencer, without a silencer they are too open for stock jetting and are way too loud, I welded 6" of a gutted stock muffler on mine. The single rear mounting strap is not enough, I welded a second strap to the front of the pipe and both use the same mounting point.

Back