Longest trip on mb

Carlos motors

Local time
11:14 PM
Hi,
I'm planing on making 1000+ km trip in a few months. I want to know what is longest somebody driven their mb and which engine they had? I have 66cc chinagirl btw.

Also i forgot to mention
Last time I went on bit of a longer trip i had problem with my clutch. After 30km i coudnt press my clutch meaning if I stopped I wont be able to start again. Luckily I borrowed some tools from house nearby and tightened flower nut, but question is will that happen again and how can I prevent it?

Also i forgot to mention
Last time I went on bit of a longer trip i had problem with my clutch. After 30km i coudnt press my clutch meaning if I stopped I wont be able to start again. Luckily I borrowed some tools from house nearby and tightened flower nut, but question is will that happen again and how can I prevent it?
After initial wear in mine hasn't needed adjustment since. I run my clutch with as much spring pressure pushing the pads as i can. It's very very just barely disengaged when the handle is in on the little thing to hold the clutch disengaged.

Also, spread around a pea sized dab of Lucas red & tacky grease on the gears in there. I did that when i first put my engine on my bike. Took the cover off to regrease after a year and it was still clean and only on the teeth of the gears like i applied it in the first place. So i left it and put it back together.

Hi,
I'm planing on making 1000+ km trip in a few months. I want to know what is longest somebody driven their mb and which engine they had? I have 66cc chinagirl btw.
I think you'll be fine on that trip. Take your bike on a couple 50 mile rides first to see if see is up to it. Upgrade parts if ya need to.
I have a 2005 138cc 4 stroke Whizzer Motorbike with over 37,000 miles on her and she is always ready to go on a 50 to 100 mile ride.
The farthest I've ever ridden her in one day was almost 200 miles. But these days I like to keep my rides under 100 miles.
My normal rides around where I live are 25 to 50 miles.
Have Fun, I hope ya share with us some pic. of your trip.
I suggest to bring a tool bag air pump and a couple inner tubes.

Last edited:
I live in Croatia (Zadar). And I was planing on going to Albania and back. I think it would be perfect summer adventure and I have enought time to plan everything and prepare!

After 500+ miles on my MB I can say a few things that should be changed/brought for a long trip:
1. Spark plug - they will foul/go bad eventually even with a 32:1 mix of good quality 2 stroke oil. Bring along another couple (I use NGK B5HS).

2. Clutch - it kept wearing out for me after about 100 miles until I figured out that you NEED to adjust the preload to the max. Especially if you're doing a lot of stop and start riding. A lot of people say "well just pedal and be super gentle on clutch" and "they come well adjusted from factory" but knowing China quality control I don't believe that they will last even using it very gently. After I adjusted preload to max, adjusted flower nut and clutch lever (need a tiny bit of slack), and sanded down/resurfaced the clutch pads so they loosely fit (so they can grip BOTH sides) I've had no issues whatsoever and it's as tight as ever withstanding that I ride it really rough (I don't pedal before I drop the clutch...). Also use some brake cleaner to degrease the flywheels as mine had grease all over it from the factory.

3. Brake pads - bicycle brakes, especially the cheap ones, aren't designed for stopping a very heavy bicycle (engine, gas tank, etc.) going at 30+ mph. Not saying that they can't, but it's stressful on them, meaning that they will require adjustment and brake pad replacement more often. Bring along some extras.

4. Chain/Drivetrain - be sure you have it on well and aligned properly. Also check the tension every 250 miles or so if you have the trash stock tensioner, mine became loose and suddenly came off one day; it was pretty bad as it got caught in my spokes and bent a few up. If you have the stock rear sprocket mount then be sure to either threadlock (I use blue) the bolts or check and tighten them every ~200 miles since they WILL come loose even if you torque them down well, messing up the alignment of your rear sprocket and causing your chain to jump off.

Finally bring along allen keys and adjustable wrenches...you know the stuff. Good luck!

Hi,
Are you going to be climbing a lot of mountains? You might think about couple of smaller main jets and possibly a 48T rear sprocket.

it looks like your going to be pass though other countrys as well, do you have the proper documentation?
(I know that when i went to Poland from Belarus they asked for passports, and that was on train)

also bring enough cash for a train ticket encase things go south (you never know)

other than bringing the essentials, where are you going to sleep? hotels or just a tent in the woods

longest ive ridden a mb was from ramsey to braham (around 100 miles round trip) on my 66cc 2stroke.

have you considered a hs 142f? as that would give a smoother ride and be a bit more reliable (its a honda gxh clone basically) and gas would be easier to come by (vs trying to find a place that has gas and oil)

just some thoughts.

Back