Magneto

To be more specific, the white wire is an aux AC output, but not recommended because it will take power away from your spark.

Thanks I thought it would supply power for a light system without buy a generator
It will, but it will take power away from your spark. Other ways of generating power (hub\wheel generator, 12v mini gen etc) will increase the load on your engine, but they won't hurt your spark. That's a better solution because you can offset some of the performance loss with upgrades.

I have a 3 wire magneto stato what is that third wire for
It goes to a headlight if you can find a LED one that's bright and does not consume high energy if will work.

Also there is a light magneto adapter that you attach to your magneto that will not drain spark from your plug.
I would like to have run lights during the day for safety but can't get the guy to tell me the lumens.

It goes to a headlight if you can find a LED one that's bright and does not consume high energy if will work.

Also there is a light magneto adapter that you attach to your magneto that will not drain spark from your plug.
I would like to have run lights during the day for safety but can't get the guy to tell me the lumens.
I had this idea of using one of those hand crank emergency lights. For the power source and as a way to store energy in the capacitors.

I like the idea of using a 6, 9, 12, or 18 volt battery and running everything off of that. I have 6 LED light strips and a horn hooked up to a 12 Volt battery and it works great. The weight isn't to much either but if weight is a concern I would use the battery from one of the Harbor Freight Cordless Rotary Tool (Fake Dremel). It's a 9 Volt battery that charges to 12 V, it is light and can easily be recharged using the charging station that comes with the kit. This was suggested to me and I loved the idea, I followed the advice of others and cut the tool in half and I mounted the tool to the bike and I'll detach the battery when a charge is needed.

I like the idea of using a 6, 9, 12, or 18 volt battery and running everything off of that. I have 6 LED light strips and a horn hooked up to a 12 Volt battery and it works great. The weight isn't to much either but if weight is a concern I would use the battery from one of the Harbor Freight Cordless Rotary Tool (Fake Dremel). It's a 9 Volt battery that charges to 12 V, it is light and can easily be recharged using the charging station that comes with the kit. This was suggested to me and I loved the idea, I followed the advice of others and cut the tool in half and I mounted the tool to the bike and I'll detach the battery when a charge is needed.
My fake dremel broke switch got fried and fried the motor so that's exactly what I'm using to power my lights. Still want to hack the emergency flashlight

Can you post a pic of you bike...?

Back