Can someone help me understand how to wire this.

Zingzing29

Local time
12:03 AM
red to positive
green to negative
yellow and pink wire to red(12 volt generator)

is thus correct that both yellow and pink connect to the single red wire coming from 12 volt generator?

I run the Oz magneto not the stock with the 6 volt power output with black blue and white.

I have a 12v generator with a single red wire.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230307_094339_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230307_094339_Chrome.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 96
I think on a generator it can be wired up either way. Meaning it's not polarity dependent.

Basically on a 4 wire stator 1 wire goes to a ground, same with a 4 wire rectifier/voltage regulator, 1 wire goes to ground.
Screenshot_20230307-095506_Google.jpg

I see.The single red to yellow pink. I have this diagram of a bridge rectifier. I've been given an explanation how they work which make sense to use both pink and yellow.

Im not concerned with the ground right now ill figure that out later. I'll worry about that after I figure out where all the wires go and if I need a getting a ground off a battery ground or getting a ground off a battery.

Screenshot_20230307_093702_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230307_110235_Chrome.jpg

I do know on cars which are dc most everything runs to the negative side of battery and grounded out. As far as I understand that is.

I see.The single red to yellow pink. I have this diagram of a bridge rectifier. I've been given an explanation how they work which make sense to use both pink and yellow.

Im not concerned with the ground right now ill figure that out later. I'll worry about that after I figure out where all the wires go and if I need a ground or getting a ground off a battery View attachment 188572

View attachment 188571
This style of generator is dc current not ac current. Im fairly sure.

I'm not sure. My questions lye within wiring configuration with the power coming from the generator feeding into the yellow pink wire of the voltage regulator 1 into 2. It makes sense from the wiring schematic for a bridge rectifier. But that's ac to dc

I tried running one of them generators before without a voltage regulator and I ended up blowing the light I was using. I was supposed to have a built-in battery and voltage regulator. So now I'm going to redo it all with a voltage regulator and battery. Plus a tach light

Back