Mainers Unite for a RIDE!

Keep me on the list... I wish we could do it before then... leaf peeping would be a blast!

Ross

I'm interested. Wow! long time between post dates! LOL
PM me when a time and date is set. I may accidentally unsubscribe from the thread between now and then.

I'm in maine too(the midcoast area), and I would be interested in seeing a cruise gotten together too.

Spring Ride

Hello, Busdriver, Where bouts in the Midcoast? I'm close to Waldoboro. Glad to see more riders around here. There is another rider in New Harbor, he will go as well.

As of right now, it's a toss up where to meet, driving half a day for either us, or our fellow riders in Mass. and NH, shouldn't be an option. Somewhere in the middle would be good.

What kind of bike do you have? And how big an engine? These little engines on a bike sure is addictive.

Scrollerguy:cool:

Rockland

Hey Busdriver, did you call me this summer? I had a phone call from someone that asked about a motobike. Never heard back from them again, but my son spotted 2 bikes like mine putting around in the South End.

My first build was a green Moon Dog like yours, that has been sold, so I bought a blue Moon Dog for myself.

I bought the first motor from Dax, and the second from zone8cycling. They are nice guys, I bought another kit for a friend of mine from them.

Got any ideas where we should take the ride? Maybe somewhere near a river, or, maybe just find some backroads. Research it out and find a nice restaurant 30 40 miles into it. Then run it up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes.

I'm open to any suggestions from anyone that wants to go on this ride.

We should get together before then and compare notes.

It seems like we have about 5 or 6 people that would like to go on this excursion. I'm going to drive my pick-up with my bike in the back to wherever it's going to be, I'll bring some spare parts, tools tire patch, etc.

It might even be possible for a chase truck, in case any of us have a problem.

Any ideas???

Scrollerguy
:whistle:

Maine Ride

:cool:Hi LoMein, Glad to have you aboard. Do you have any ideas, 40 or 50 miles one way ought to do it. How far do you have to come from? We'll agree on a date, plus have a rain, or cold, date.

Been thinking about an island trip as well, take a ferry ride to a large island, and run around that, then head back. Or, a ride along some river. Or just meet and ride, follow the leader, or whatever.

Send along any and all ideas, looking forward to hearing from you.

Scrollerguy

Maine Ride

:cry:Hi Ross, Sorry in taking so long to get back to you, been busy. If you have any ideas at all for the ride let me know so we can hash it out.

There seem to be more riders wanting to go, hopefully we'll have quite a few.
Bring your camera, As I posted earlier, I will bring tools, spare parts, movie camera, 2 way radios, one for front and one for back.

We just had a large snowstorm, I'm glad I have a heated workshop, now, if Santa brings some goodies I will look past all this snow mess and concentrate on warm sunny weather and nice dry roads, and put all the goodies on the bike.

I'll try to have a chase vehicle for the ride.

Scrollerguy

I am coming from Boston, distance doesnt matter to me, Ill go anywhere lol. 50 Miles sounds like a good ol time. Ill have to get my other bike built up, that one is for comfort.

Luckily i have a heated workspace as well. Once the slush dries up and goes away I will be back on the road, my friends think im crazy riding in the winter time.

Im not sure where you are planning to start the trip, but i think we have a visit to the coastal areas. I do like the island idea as well.

Back