Mooncool Motorized Trike

Techman1961

Local time
1:22 AM
I made this 3 Wheeled bike, with a Predator 79cc 3 hp Motor. Works great, But Predator motor wants to be started at 1/3 throttle and that is enough to engage the clutch. Anything to do about that? I Changed out the spark plug to an NGK to make sure that was not the problem. Starts ok if you go 1/3 throttle and choke it a lot like the book says but it is got a lot of power and it wants to take off. Gearing is 24 to 1.

thumbnail (1).jpeg
thumbnail.jpeg

On my 79 cc trike I just adjusted the idle screw or stopper screw not sure what its called. I remember it was just enough to open throttle valve just a wee bit more open but it never took a third of the throttle to start
That is one nice trike to:)
Edit number two. I always thought it idled kind of high but not enough to make bike drive away

I will offer a little more help. Its the screw My finger is pointing to and the easiest way to set it is by locking the front brake getting motor started and adjusting either in or out.
I remember not enough and it wont start and to much you will be thanking me for remembering to lock front brake. Hope that helps

Attachments

• bike trike 006.JPG
    bike trike 006.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 81
I switched over from the 79 to the 212 on my trike and now the thing scares the poo out of me. Thank god for the throttle stop screw.
I could hit 30 to 34 mph at quarter throttle never went past that but I would think it might make it to 45 or 50

I switched over from the 79 to the 212 on my trike and now the thing scares the poo out of me. Thank god for the throttle stop screw.
I could hit 30 to 34 mph at quarter throttle never went past that but I would think it might make it to 45 or 50
Do you still run the 1 wheel drive or did you swap it to both

Back