Most miles put on a 2 stroke motor?

MotorizedPickle

Local time
9:32 AM
I've heard these can run up to 10,000+ miles but i'm curious to see the average that people on here have gotten.
I've built 3 bikes and my first 2 crapped out around 500ish miles only because I was stupid about 2 strokes back then, but my current build i've had about 8 months and have put close to 700 on it so far and everything is still working great.

Whats the most miles you guys have got on one of these 2 strokes?

I've heard these can run up to 10,000+ miles but i'm curious to see the average that people on here have gotten.
I've built 3 bikes and my first 2 crapped out around 500ish miles only because I was stupid about 2 strokes back then, but my current build i've had about 8 months and have put close to 700 on it so far and everything is still working great.

I haven't put on a lot of miles, but the first Huffy I built back in 14 is still running today with a new back wheel.

Around 5000ish on my first build, I ended up selling it to a buddy, still rides it Around.

New huffy, I'd say around a 1000ish, ended up eating the rear wheel unfortunately.

With these small engines good routine maintenance is a must. You be good to your engine and it'll be good to you. Even for a single ratio drive system a tachometer/hour counter is good to have.

The tach will help you from over revving. It can let you know what the best assist ratio is from a multi speed bicycle to keep you from engine strain when pulling loads and/or climbing hills. For a single speed assist the tach will let you know when your cadence is high enough to provide adequate assist.

For a 2 stroke the hour counter will let you know when to change air and fuel filters.

You can get a tachometer/hour counter fairly cheap from eBay.

Last edited:
I did 6000 miles during 5 years of riding on my former bike and former Seeutec motor...still have the motor on a shelf, it was still running strong when the Huffy Beach Cruiser frame broke, so i built a new bike using a Hyper Beach Cruiser Frame which appears to be better than the Huffy's and a Zeda 80 motor...That was all a year ago this month...I have over 800 miles on present build...DAMIEN

More than 12 thousand miles (about 20 thousand km) were covered with this motor (the mileage of the bike itself is about twice as long, but other motors were used there. The engine is the Soviet D6, this is the same motor from which the Chinese copied bicycle F-series engines. The Soviet version has a cast-iron cylinder liner, 203 crankshaft bearings and a more perfect clutch (with an intermediate disc).
Canon PowerShot A530_20150402_001954.jpg

IMG_7048.JPG

Back