Motor mount dimensions

only problem there, if i had to take it somewhere, i would forget the mount, but i agree, nothing beats a template.

Don't drill your frame! Yes I know the instructions say to, but doing so adds a weak point to the frame. Find another creative way to clamp the down tube....u-bolts, threaded rods, anything that doesn't change the integrity of the frame.

i have done two so far, with no problems. mine are steel frame bikes, so i don't wory about the integrity, i have been running my first build for almost 4 months on some rough roads with no signs of trouble.i do inspect often though. besides i have a mig welder, so at least on my bike, if i lose the frame integrity, i can rapidly restore it. i don't think i would want to drill an alloy frame .

that's an thought, maybe on my next one, or for the repair, if my frame does crack. i guess i did it cause it was quick, & i'm lazy, i wanted to ride. if i did'nt have the shop that i do, i would have to be much more cautious.

engine mount

does anyone have pix of alternate mounts for front of a generic chengine (blue collar 70 )
my cruiser has thicker down tube so front mount will not slide around tube I was thinking i could make a plate to bolt on the engine and then a plate to sandwich the frame tube this is on a sun Atlas cruiser http://www.janddbicycles.com/bikes/sun_industrial_atlas-bike.jpg
Thanks

Last edited:
Dont drill if you can help it. If you cant make a bracket even denting the frame in is better than drilling. Even if you have to take a hammer and tap in the frame where the studs are the frame maintains its integrity better in my opinion.

Ive built many drilled and non-drilled and Ive found making the frame fit the engine mount is a better alternative. Wrap some tape or something around the frame and no one will notice.

Back