Motor surge's, DRY CLUTCH SHAFT BEARINGS ??

mrbg

Local time
4:45 AM
Hey I'm breaking in a new motor and it surge's and I remembered on one of my old 2 stroke bikes the clutch shaft bearings seized up. So I decided to remove the clutch cable pedestal and put about 6 drops of my 2 stroke oil I rode it for about a mile it seems a little better. I'm thinking maybe a few drops of 90 wt gear oil. Does anyone have any suggestions ??

the rapid spinning there happens in the sealed bearings at each end - a bit of moly grease to keep that big spring moving smoothly should be all it needs

bucking bar, ball bearing packed inside of bucking bar, and the flat face of clutch arm need lots of grease tho

the rapid spinning there happens in the sealed bearings at each end - a bit of moly grease to keep that big spring moving smoothly should be all it needs

bucking bar, ball bearing packed inside of bucking bar, and the flat face of clutch arm need lots of grease tho
Ya I keep that grease packed, I guess I'll drive it till it drops. I'm not going to change out the shaft, I'm done with the 2 strokes !!

Back