Motorized bike repair centers/shops around me? Please help!

richieche14

Local time
2:45 AM
Hello everyone!

I'm very new to the forum and also quite new to the motorized bike scene as well. So I recently purchased a motorized bike 80cc I believe and mixed up my first ratio of gas-oil and had one long smooth ride but afterwards, when I try to start up the engine and ride again, it tries to start up but fizzles out immediately. I don't know what is wrong with the bike, also it doesn't really help me that I have no choice than to leave my bike outside with no protection when it rains especially. I don't know how the rain has made things even worse if it weren't worse already. As you can tell, I need some help in getting my bike back up and running. I live in Leominster, MA which is close to both Worcester and Boston, MA, and I have searched online but can't seem to find a shop that checks-out/fixes motorized bikes. Could anyone please direct me to a shop or individual around the Leominster, Worcester and Boston general area for me to send my bike over for a check-out? I will be extremely grateful and relieved. Also if it helps, I currently school in UConn, so any location in CT too can help me out! Thanks in advance.

Hello everyone!

I'm very new to the forum and also quite new to the motorized bike scene as well. So I recently purchased a motorized bike 80cc I believe and mixed up my first ratio of gas-oil and had one long smooth ride but afterwards, when I try to start up the engine and ride again, it tries to start up but fizzles out immediately. I don't know what is wrong with the bike, also it doesn't really help me that I have no choice than to leave my bike outside with no protection when it rains especially. I don't know how the rain has made things even worse if it weren't worse already. As you can tell, I need some help in getting my bike back up and running. I live in Leominster, MA which is close to both Worcester and Boston, MA, and I have searched online but can't seem to find a shop that checks-out/fixes motorized bikes. Could anyone please direct me to a shop or individual around the Leominster, Worcester and Boston general area for me to send my bike over for a check-out? I will be extremely grateful and relieved. Also if it helps, I currently school in UConn, so any location in CT too can help me out! Thanks in advance.
As far as I know, these shops are rare to non-existant. There are some shops such as California Motorbikes and Sick Bike Parts, but they are usually not the kind you are looking for. These shops are most always online only, which would not suit your needs.

If you're unsure what to do with the engine I would suggest bringing it to a small engine repair shop and have them analyze the problem. It sounds like you might have clogged the carb or dirtied up your spark plug with too much oil. Water also isn't very good for carbs either, so I would investigate this part first.

Open the carb and check if the air filter is soaked with water, open the bowl on the bottom and see if it is clogged. Apply a liberal coat of carb cleaner (from Ace Hardware or similar) and let it soak for a day. Flush the carb with a bit of gas, but throw away whatever you use to flush the carb and don't use it for running the engine afterwards. After this I would remove your spark plug and use a wire brush to clean the electrodes. Get it nice and shiny, then put it back in and give the bike a test. If this is unsuccessful, let me know and I can give you some more tips.

Hello everyone!

You can go to Gasbike.net they have a feature there that backyard mechanics advertise they can help you just put in your zip code and tap found 3 out my way. Also try Craigslist.

Back