Motorizing a Schwinn OCC Chopper with a Honda GXH50, any ideas or experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bob Mac,

Where did you buy your gxh50 with a q-matic transmission? Did you have to buy the whole kit or just the engine, xmission, carb and mounts?

Dan

4 stroke with q-matic

Their's a few guys on this site that sell them. One in lebanon Pa. JBCruzin. Here's a pic of the 4 stroke.I hope it works

Attachments

• !cid__0420121340.jpg
    !cid__0420121340.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 294
  • !cid__0420121340a.jpg
    !cid__0420121340a.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 268
Little bit on the spicey side

Well as you can see from my user name that's no joke. I have been forced to ride a bike or walk... and I live 10 miles from town. So I had my OCC Stingrays just collecting dust in the barn along with my sons 2007 KTM 50 Mini that have fell out of the trailer on the highway coming from Glamis one winter. So I became Doctor Frankenstein. What I did was cut the frame and motor together out of the KTM to eliminate having to make motor mounts and believe it or not it fit perfect in the area where the motor goes. Tied it in with my TIG setup looks pretty darn awsome. I had to put a hole through the front tubing of the bike for the exhaust to go through. Then I purchased a rear sprocket kit from eBay and other doodads and Let me tell you. At take off it moves like molasses on a cold winter morning, but you get about 50 yards out and hold on to your taters kids its a little scary. My next concern is the brakes haven't decided yet. But hey im not Joaquin no more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back