Mounting my Zeda 80

Lassic

Local time
12:48 PM
Hey guys, I'm working on installing my engine, and I'm having some clearance issues. The chain seems to want to rub against the frame and engine mounts, and it also not super tight...

Sorry about the image quality, my camera isn't great...

Thanks guys.
MVIMG_20230402_150110.jpg
IMG_20230402_150147.jpg
IMG_20230402_150136.jpg
IMG_20230402_150157.jpg
IMG_20230402_150205.jpg

I feel
Hey guys, I'm working on installing my engine, and I'm having some clearance issues. The chain seems to want to rub against the frame and engine mounts, and it also not super tight...

Sorry about the image quality, my camera isn't great...

Thanks guys.View attachment 190064View attachment 190065View attachment 190066View attachment 190067View attachment 190068
Like I need a different type of mount... I'm really not sure... The rear mount seems too short or something.

OK...On my Cranbrook when I still had it, I had to make my own motor mount to back it away from the front bar and settle the motor more towards the rear and at the same time, installing the motor up higher, that will solve your clearance problem...I made mine back then out of a piece of roll bar from a wrecked out dune buggy from the junk yard, but you can buy one of these to solve your problem as well.

The rear mount is fine, it's the front mount you will need.

I don't have the Cranny anymore, but it was the same scenario with my present bike, the Hyper Beach cruiser...Here are a few pics of it with the old role bar front motor mount I made to accomplish the same thing I had to do with the Cranny in order to get proper clearance.

This should give you an idea just how high it needs to be mounted as I did on my bike before I put the mags on it., etc. etc.

DSCN0172.JPG

DSCN0173.JPG

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
OK...On my Cranbrook when I still had it, I had to make my own motor mount to back it away from the front bar and settle the motor more towards the rear and at the same time, installing the motor up higher, that will solve your clearance problem...I made mine back then out of a piece of roll bar from a wrecked out dune buggy from the junk yard, but you can buy one of these to solve your problem as well.

I don't have the Cranny anymore, but it was the same scenario with my present bike, the Hyper Beach cruiser...Here are a few pics of it with the old role bar front motor mount I made to accomplish the same thing I had to do with the Cranny in order to get proper clearance.

This should give you an idea just how high it needs to be mounted as I did on my bike before I put the mags on it., etc. etc.

View attachment 190076

View attachment 190077
Ok cool. So this did solve your clearance issue then? Should I get one of those u bolt mounts with the double u bolts for the front too?

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.

View attachment 190076

View attachment 190077
I was starting to wonder if it needed to move the whole wheel assembly towards the peddle sprocket side, to make more clearance. But I think this makes sense.

With the new front mount I had made which is on my present bike with the Phantom 85 motor, Same deal here you will still need it higher up than you have it.

DSCN0229.JPG

DSCN0228.JPG

Ok cool. So this did solve your clearance issue then? Should I get one of those u bolt mounts with the double u bolts for the front too?
Did you not read what I just wrote???...lol...NO U bolt assembly with the mount I just gave you a link for...This particular motor mount REPLACES that crappy U bolt contraption front mount.

Your rear mount is just fine, your only gonna need the front mount I provided the link for...Look at the pics I posted, there is no U bolt contraptions on mine after I made the new mount...The CNC is about the same as the new one I had made.

IMG_0319.jpg

1.jpg

With the new front mount I had made which is on my present bike with the Phantom 85 motor, Same deal here you will still need it higher up than you have it.

View attachment 190097

View attachment 190098
I figured with a longer rear mount, a double u bolt front mount will reach ok. I thought about just going out and getting some longer studs from the hardware store, but I'm afraid it will have less integrity than if I used that cnc machined one.

Did you not read what I just wrote???...lol...NO U bolt assembly with the mount I just gave you a link for...This particular motor mount REPLACES that crappy U bolt contraption front mount.

Your rear mount is just fine, your only gonna need the front mount I provided the link for...Look at the pics I posted, there is no U bolt contraptions on mine.
Oh right I'm stupid, remember.

Back