My first project is not off to a very good start...

Hi James,
Sorry about your bad experience...As far as the ebay purchase, his price, etc. I am very happy...he sold me as advertised, he communicated well, and it arrived fast. I couldn't ask for better in this regard. Thankfully, I haven't had any vendor-type issues, so I can't comment on that.

I hear Dax will stand firmly behind his stuff, and next time I'll most likely go with him (as long as I don't have to wait 10 days before he ships and don't have to pay to get him to ship it faster). I've spoken with him, and he spends time on this board helping people out, so that's definitely worth a couple of extra bucks, especially when there's an issue like yours.

And now I'll say the part NOBODY wants to hear: we get what we pay for! We purchased a dirt-cheap motor and kit for around $120 or so (not including shipping). For what we get, it's a deal. But remember, we're at the 2-stroke motor dollar store...not at the Honda shop buying a nice 4-stroke that comes with a warranty and was built with CARE. You should not expect too too much from cheaply made aluminum 2 stroke engines..and expect that replacing failed parts as a cost to you, and the price to stay in the game. I truly believe that it's not BoyGoFast specific problem because I think all the vendors are starting out with the same kit -- so it's more of a lottery thing of percentages...there's probably 25-35% bad poo poo in the boxes, no quality control coming into the country (because they're not supposed to be here from what I understand), and in the end we all know that the Chinese could care less about the US consumers...so take it like a shot of Tequila...know that when it works, it's fun and works good.

OK, going for a ride now...(knock on wood for luck)
Mark

Hey Mark, or anyone else who visits this thread, if you don't have anything helpful or productive to say, don't F*****G say anything. I don't need your lecture.

Hey James,

Chill out, man. People are trying to help you out and encourage you, but you don't see that. You probably think your parents are "bad people", too, just for telling you to clean your room.

Either be nice, or go away. Nobody needs your bad vibes.

Mark

PS. If you read backwards through this thread, you'll clearly see that I have been nice to you and tried to help you out several times.

This is what happened to my motor. Don't know what caused it.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg313/eb14poppa1/SS851755.jpg

That's exactly what happend to my motor from Thatsdax, they're basically all the same. I'm really sorry that happend to you, it's a horrible feeling to pull the jug off and see that.
There has been some conversation about the ports not being flush allowing the rings to snag on them. Does you piston look like this? It's only scratched on the side where the ports are.

Attachments

• piston.jpg
    piston.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 208
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes.. I can tell you this..

I have seen where the factory has put an extra snap ring on the wrist pin. This extra wrist pin snap ring will eventually work its way to the end and then cause the damage you see in Scotts picture. The other piston looks like a failed roller cage which allowed the roller bearing or roll pin type bearings or some of them anyway to spill out and then cause the damage you see. From the years of selling my engines, both are rare but happens. I just replaced the piston and ring in my CR250 honda from a similar conditon. Roller. The roller can be caused by a lean condition. The wrist pin is a factory issue. The roller can also be a factory condition. As it was on my Honda. Piston, Rings, Roller was over 200usd for my Honda. No kidding. My Honda was out of warranty so I had to replace it all at my labor and expense. Labor was tricky dealing with reeds and Exhaust power valve setup. If my Honda had been in the warranty period, I would have enforced it. If your engine is within the warranty period, the vendor should make good. As with anything mechanical or electrical, a warranty can be very useful. To buy anything mechanical or electrical with no warranty at all is a risk. Life is a risk . Which is why most customers want a warranty. Typically, if something is to go wrong mechanically or electrically, it will happen in the first 30 days. That is why we offer a 30 day warranty for our motors and electronics. Some are 1 year. MY point being.. If something happens in the warranty period, we at Dax take care of our Customers. If it had happened outside the warranty, call me. We can work something out. Thanks.. Enjoy the ride..

Last edited by a moderator:
Mahalo Dax. I will be calling you. My economic stimulus is going to be a new motor. And no, boygofast doesn't give a warranty.

Back