Mz65 Muffer Mounting

The pipe on the Townie is a eBay copy, the pipe on the cranbrook is a CDHpower pipe. I can’t tell any difference in performance from the two, all three help greatly with low to midrange torque, even on the little 48cc engines. My avatar has the first pipe I bought.

All MZ65 clone pipes have a header that is too small and a stinger that's too big. The header and stinger both have a OD of 22mm, the header should have an ID of that.

All MZ65 clone pipes have a header that is too small and a stinger that's too big. The header and stinger both have a OD of 22mm, the header should have an ID of that.
That’s the reason I built silencer’s for all three, the stinger of the silencer is about 55-60 % of the head pipe I.d. I got my info from the two stroke tuners bible and from the writings of Graham Bell.

Without a muffler/silencer neither bike had low end torque, since I’ve been having hip problems low end is what I needed more then top end.

Without a muffler/silencer neither bike had low end torque, since I’ve been having hip problems low end is what I needed more then top end.
I used one for my mountain bike. I changed the in and out flow of it to get better bottom end. The stinger OD is 19mm. I drilled it and made the muffler, packed it with some pink insulation. Here's a picture in post #1.

Back