Need Advice on Assembling

Yes ... I took off the screw up front and the two side screws on the sprocket. It will not budge. :confused:

Try a little wd40

Also, be patient, Spirittoo. Those set screws have just pushed into the key, a bit. A bigger hammer isn’t always the best thing — make sure whatever (screwdriver, or what) you’re using is solid, not losing any of your effort to just bouncing off a plastic handle. Maybe a long bolt, or drift punch, if you have it. A puller would be nice, but work with what you have, keep tapping, and be patient — it’ll move. 👍

Okay the WD 40 helped. I got the sprocket off. Now the spacers are blocked by the key ... do I have to pound that off too to and move the spacers or do I just need to flip the gear around.

Okay the WD 40 helped. I got the sprocket off. Now the spacers are blocked by the key ... do I have to pound that off too to and move the spacers or do I just need to flip the gear around.

Go ahead and remove the key, so you can check several combinations, before putting it back together.

Good job! 👍

You may need to experiment with it using various arangements of spacer change or sprocket reversal or both to get the proper alignment. A light buffing of the shaft with emery cloth to remove burrs will make things easier when removing and replacing the components. The key should pul out with pliers.

Pliers are not doing the job of getting the key out. It is not budging one bit. As far as the spacers go I don't see how I could arrange them with the key there ... no slots in the spacers and they are behind the key. No way can they go in front of the sprocket. It looks like they would stay on or go off completely. I can't get a good enough grip on the key maybe, but even with hammer and screwdriver ... nothing ... just knotting it up.:mad:

Pliers are not doing the job of getting the key out. It is not budging one bit. As far as the spacers go I don't see how I could arrange them with the key there ... no slots in the spacers and they are behind the key. No way can they go in front of the sprocket. It looks like they would stay on or go off completely. I can't get a good enough grip on the key maybe, but even with hammer and screwdriver ... nothing ... just knotting it up.:mad:

Well, if the spacers won’t go over the key, and they’re same diameter as the shaft, use your screwdriver behind the one closest to the key, use it to push the key out?

Back