Need Advice on Assembling

I tried to find a replacement set screw at the auto stores and hardware, but they don't carry it that small. I had to order some from ebay. Ordered some M2 2mm, that sure be about right. I can't believe I can't find that little sucker.:rolleyes:

So do you think I can go ahead, check the oil, put a little gas in and see if the engine will run? Do think it will be okay to put the basket on the bike or just leave it off? With Basket .View attachment 89294Also the starting instruction are not clear about the choke. It state to move it down, but it will only go from side to side. Can anyone tell me which position the choke is in now? As you can see I had to glue a washer on the carb because the slot for the cable was too wide. There is a plastic numb in the throttle housing that is keeping it from snapping back ... I have to figure out what to do about that to free it up.
A quick start up should be ok, but I wouldn't try running it till you get the other set screw. How about that other sprocket. Did it come with set screws?

Unfortunately gary it was just the one set of screws. I will definitely wait for the set screw before running. I still don't see anything about a on off kill button on the engine. It stated it was on the equipment side, but I see nothing. Hopefully it will stop when I hit the switch on the throttle.

Thanks Dan ... I don't know why they don't give clearer choke information.

Wellsir ... the carb and throttle definitely needs to be adjusted. I started it and it was moving the wheel without opening the throttle. Looks like it could go a good 10 mph. When I did turned the throttle to bring it to the idle position it was still open. The throttle on the carb will not go back to low, even using pilers to push it back didn't bring the rpm down much. I tried turning that black philips screw, but it had no effect. I can cut down that plastic piece in the throttle that should clear that, but how to I adjust the carb to get the rpm down?:unsure:

Okay ... I sanded down the notches that were rubbing against the throttle casing and reduce some of the tension on the cable ... that got my throttle to snap back. Now I have to give it some throttle to get it to start. The remaining problem is the carbs rpm are not high enough now to keep the engine idling. That black screw still has no effect ... so guys tell me what I need to do to adjust that... I should be good to go once that is solved and I get that set screw.:geek:

The black screw should cause the throttle to open up some as you screw it in like you are twisting the throttle ever so slightly on the handlebars. I don't see how that won't fix your idle issue.
Doesn't the keyway go all the way down the shaft? Pretty sure you are gonna want the spacers on both sides of the sprocket to make sure it doesn't move.

I tried the black screw but there was no change ... I will try again. The keyway will not go down the shaft. I can't see how the sprocket could possibly move when I had to take a pipe and hammer to get it back on the shaft.

Okay Dan ... It took turning that screw almost completely in before I got a reaction. I got it together though ... it will idle on its own. Maybe I could modify the spacers so they will go on the shaft without moving the key if you feel they are absolutely necessary. Couldn't I cut a little opening in them so they would go on the shaft?

I got the spacers on Dan ... I cut out a piece so they would fit with the key. Now all I need it the set screw then I will be set.;):LOL:

Can anyone recommend a good turn signal for the bike. I got one from amazon and it doesn't even work. Please post if you know of one.🤗

Wellsir the ebay seller send me the wrong size set screws. I use the 2 allen wrench and the screws I got are way too small ... more like M1 than M2. I could not verify the size through the lousy instruction ... they just show it as a set screw with no size info. If the 2 wrench is what was used, then the set screw should be M2 correct? I tried contracting the manufacturer but so far no luck.

Back