Need help with bolt

did it snap off due to over tightening after it bottomed out? or was it seized in there? If it had bottomed out, hit a flat line into the bolt and back it out with a screw driver? It shouldn't be tight once you break it away from bottoming out

Did you tey to red loctite the bolt in?
Did you not see his picture???... The stud is broken off inside its threaded hole...How does one "red loctite the bolt in" when he still can't get the broken stud out yet???...lol.

ef073ce7-b79e-48d0-9695-5324e0983994-jpeg.200207

Did you not see his picture???... The stud is broken off inside its threaded hole...How does one "red loctite the bolt in" when he still can't get the broken stud out yet???...lol.

He was suggested to drill and tap a smaller hole in the bolt, then jb weld a bolt in it to try and back it out. If he used loctite it would work much better than JB weld

Tbh id take my blow torch heat it up then pound flat head strew driver with a hammer and turn but this looks baddd

He was suggested to drill and tap a smaller hole in the bolt, then jb weld a bolt in it to try and back it out. If he used loctite it would work much better than JB weld
I've done it several times with 5 min JB weld

One things is for sure the bolt I JB welded in is not coming out Red Loctite can still back out on stubborn broken bolts

Andrew never did say if he tried what was suggested and followed the instructions how to do that

He just basically said "it didn't work" and now he's gonna heli coil it,

He's still gotta drill a pilot hole in the broken bolt to be able to drill it out
so I don't understand why he didn't try the 5 min JB weld method

Back