need some help

samuari86

Local time
6:43 PM
building my motor bicycle and allready got a hf 2.5hr motor a jackshaft,clutch,chain. but i need a sprocket that will fit a #35 chain for the back wheel. i will post all the pics win im finsh. if they dont make one ill go back to the jackshaft sprocket and change that to fit the back sprocket.TY for all the help,chris

Bicycle chain is probably the most common and easiest to find in various tooth counts. This includes #41, 410, 415 and anything else with a 4 in the front. They all have a 1/2 inch pitch length. 35 is also common with its 3/8 pitch length, but I've found the sprocket selection is more limited. Some scooters also use 8 mm and even #25 with a 1/4 inch pitch.

Think you were confused before???? :D

Many, many mini bikes and gas powered "razor" go karts use a #35 chain, and sprockets are plenty to be found.

Are you using a single-speed or multi-speed cruiser bike?

Your HF engine produces 2.5hp@3600rpm with governor.

If using 8:1 gear ratio, top speed is about 35mph.

Is that good for you?

If yes, use 12-tooth sprocket on engine and 16-tooth on jackshaft. On other side of jackshaft, use 10-tooth sprocket. The drive sprocket on the wheel will be 60-tooth sprocket.

That will calculate to exactly 8:1.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used a rag joint and adapted a bike sprocket to it but you can use a kit sprocket if you use the wider chain. I am using a HF79 also with belt and chain drive.

heres some pics to start

Attachments

• pic 001.jpg
    pic 001.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 559
  • pic 015.jpg
    pic 015.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 513
Back