New Air Filter lost WOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rottenron

Local time
10:23 PM
I Am new to motorized bikes and have a bone stock 2 stroke I have been all over this site looking for information on why this happened and what adjustment I need to do. Any information would be helpful

Stock NT carb with float adjusted to 21mm and clip on top notch of neddle and 66 jet
Stock intake manifold sanded flat with new gasket
New fuel mixed at 4 oz to a gallon
New fuel filter
NGK B7HS
I put the stock filter back on and it runs great.
Why would a new and what I think is a better air filter make that big of a change?

I Am new to motorized bikes and have a bone stock 2 stroke I have been all over this site looking for information on why this happened and what adjustment I need to do. Any information would be helpful

Stock NT carb with float adjusted to 21mm and clip on top notch of neddle and 66 jet
Stock intake manifold sanded flat with new gasket
New fuel mixed at 4 oz to a gallon
New fuel filter
NGK B7HS
I put the stock filter back on and it runs great.
Why would a new and what I think is a better air filter make that big of a change?
It's probably too lean with the new filter not being as restricted you need to go up in jet size to get your top end back!

Ok changed to a 67 and low and mid band nice and strong and WOT dead spot still there but smaller and higher. Went to a 68 and low and mid getting soft and Wot is not a dead spot just a bog. Should I go up a jet or should I a just the needle? Or float?

kinda curious why someone would get rid of the part that works, just to go thru all this crap to get it back to working with another part that may or may not ever work

Because it looks better and I thought it would perform better
image.jpeg

kinda curious why someone would get rid of the part that works, just to go thru all this crap to get it back to working with another part that may or may not ever work
Its fun? :rolleyes:
He's just tuning his carb to get the best out of his shiny new high flow air filter. :)
He's already had to go up two jet sizes. :eek:
Will he find the solution and get improved performance all through the rev range? o_O Find out if and how in the next exciting episode! :D

Its fun? :rolleyes:
He's just tuning his carb to get the best out of his shiny new high flow air filter. :)
He's already had to go up two jet sizes. :eek:
Will he find the solution and get improved performance all through the rev range? o_O Find out if and how in the next exciting episode! :D
Thanks for noticing how shiny it looks. My mom gave me an extra $15 in my allowence to buy it.

Thanks for noticing how shiny it looks. My mom gave me an extra $15 in my allowence to buy it.
It is very lovely. :oops:
Ooh so she needs to get you a good exhaust pipe now, keep down the fuel cost and pollution! :D

Sorry I can't help with the question of how to get the carb set up.

Ok changed to a 67 and low and mid band nice and strong and WOT dead spot still there but smaller and higher. Went to a 68 and low and mid getting soft and Wot is not a dead spot just a bog. Should I go up a jet or should I a just the needle? Or float?
The 68 with the needle dropped (clip raised) should work well IMO it's best to be just a little rich at the top for a street bike so that extra load from hills,high winds or longer run times wont hurt the engine!The 67 would also work but needs to be enlarged ever so slightly with a numbered drill bit to obtain the sweet spot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back