New bolt on expansion chamber?

Really to be correct the stinger/exhaust outlet needs to be roughly 13mm-16mm the full length of the stinger. The easiest way, but not the correct way, would be to cut old stinger off leaving about a 1½" of it on the expansion chamber. Then get some high temp silicone exhaust couplers & hose clamp new stinger to stub of old stinger with hose clamps. But make sure new stinger sticks/or protrudes in the expansion chamber a ½" to 1½" inside the expansion chamber. That's a down & dirty way of doing it, but would not require no welding.
Thanks for the help. I think I’m going to try and go for it in the near future and I’ll make a post on how it goes. I found a silicon reducer coupler that seems a little less sketch that I might use in conjunction with a stainless steel pipe I found on Amazon. I probably won’t go and modify it immediately but that’s the route I’ll most likely take with it.

HPS Reinforced Tube Pipe 5/8" > 7/8" 16mm > 22mm Silicone Reducer Hose Black

uxcell 304 Stainless Steel Round Tube 16mm OD 0.5mm Wall Thickness 300mm Length

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Haha no I wish. I’d learn if i had the money to afford the equipment… I’ll barely be able to afford the exhaust as it is.
Lots of people in the same boat, in the US you can get a cheap inverter welder for a couple hundred. They do it all too, flux, mig. Something to save up for.

As for the stinger, if you cut the existing one off an inch short of the expansion chamber and then put a slice in the end, make an "X" but not very deep. Then you can slide a piece of 3/4" inside and a hose clamp over you cut.

Really to be correct the stinger/exhaust outlet needs to be roughly 13mm-16mm the full length of the stinger. The easiest way, but not the correct way, would be to cut old stinger off leaving about a 1½" of it on the expansion chamber. Then get some high temp silicone exhaust couplers & hose clamp new stinger to stub of old stinger with hose clamps. But make sure new stinger sticks/or protrudes in the expansion chamber a ½" to 1½" inside the expansion chamber. That's a down & dirty way of doing it, but would not require no welding.
I know this is dumb but would I be able to use a 15mm socket as a stinger it fits nicely into the end of the pipe lol and I mean I tried it but I stopped because I am not sure if it’s safe but when I did try it I noticed some power gains in the low end and and more stable top end but again I am as dumb as rock and most of what I do is done by eye but I don’t know if it’s to small an exit or not.

I know this is dumb but would I be able to use a 15mm socket as a stinger it fits nicely into the end of the pipe lol and I mean I tried it but I stopped because I am not sure if it’s safe but when I did try it I noticed some power gains in the low end and and more stable top end but again I am as dumb as rock and most of what I do is done by eye but I don’t know if it’s to small an exit or not.
If it works for you! Run with it!!!

15mm is the ideal measurement, but that is an ID measurement. Your socket is probably a 3/8ths square.

MIG is pretty easy , tbh. All other types of welding require actual skills
Stick is easy too. After about 2 weeks I was getting perfect welds with a stick welder. Tig is quite a bit harder mostly because it takes alot of attention. If you make even the slightest mistake with tig you could ruin your weld.

Back