Bolt on phase

6blueoval9

Local time
9:31 AM
So I've compiled some parts that will make its way on to my build eventually to see how much better they may perform over what I've done to the stock parts to improve it's performance.

As of now, having spoken with a few builders I can realistically aim for a speed of around 45mph with the mods I've made to the stock Zeda80 engine parts...This has yet to be seen but that's my goal as of right now.

I'm thinking my first bolt on even though it was purchased for a different build will be the Huffy Davidson Lightning Strike CDI kit...I'd like to compare this also with the Supercharge CDI kit which I still need to purchase.
IMG_20180116_142519.jpg

Next up I'm going with the Zeda66 pipe....this has a small exhaust tube just like a stock muffler but we'll see if the chamber is really going to help or not...The flange on the Zeda66 measured 18.1 mm in diameter and was quite a bit larger than the flange on the stock pipe...To keep things fair I went ahead and opened the flange up to match the stock exhaust port diameter as I've done with the modded stock muffler.
IMG_20180103_180730.jpg

A shorter intake in theory should help improve top end power so a CDH CNC intake will be used in place of the ported and longer stock aluminum intake manifold but not without some modifications needed.
IMG_20171015_090014.jpg

I will actually be trying a few different carburetors so instead of choosing one I'll just compile the list and whichever I find to work best will make the final decision to put it on the motor permanently.

1.) Bored NT Speed carburetor (16mm)
2.) Dellorto 15mm clone
3.) PZ16 16mm Keihin clone.

The only thing left is the cylinder head...I recently made a request looking for one of the Jake's clone heads to try for this phase in the build and was replied to by someone offering an brand new authentic still in the box Jake's cylinder head...Floored by this offering, I pulled the trigger based solely on price given and a notion that it may be real and if it wasn't the price was still great for a clone...I have confirmed this is the real deal and i couldn't be happier having made this purchase.

Considering this is an authentic 6cc Jake's head and still new in the box I've made a decision to not use this head and wish to keep it in its new condition so, im still looking for a used clone cylinder head to use along with the rest of the bolt ons.
IMG_20180115_152125.jpg

IMG_20180115_152158.jpg

So how much faster can I go?...I have no idea but I'm hoping even closer to 50mph and this is with no port timing changes or even port matching...Sounds impossible but we will see how close I can get it.

Picked this up 3 days ago for this build...Changes will be made to the bike as well for safety concerns.
(Wheels,tires/tubes and brakes)
IMG_20180116_184049.jpg

Last edited:
Not too bad looking, but a word of advice on that kent bayside, I have one and the stock brakes are absolutely terrible and the pads wore away in the first ride, even with nice pads they hardly do anything. So either be careful or get some disk brakes on that bike. Good luck!

Ty sir, The stock U brakes are getting replaced with Tektro U brakes with better cables and much better pads by Kool Stop.

Wheels will be 12g spoked and the tires and tubes will be a quality name brand.

Ty sir, The stock U brakes are getting replaced with Tektro U brakes with better cables and much better pads by Kool Stop.

Wheels will be 12g spoked and the tires and tubes will be a quality name brand.
They aren't U brakes, those are single pivot (caliper brakes) so you'll need a U brake plate as sold by some BMX shops, maybe Dan's Comp?
Tektro AD990's are okay but I really loved my Odyssey Evolver brakes when I upgraded my bmx cruiser for high speed gravity powered fun. That was quite some time ago so idk what's the best these days. I think I would try to get some V brakes on there, if a brake plate is already going to be needed anyway. :)

1. I would make no plans to go 45 to 50 mph on that bicycle. I think it's best to gear it low and look for strong low end, good hill climbing and a 28mph cruise.

2. You can find Dellorto clone carbs for about $40 in Luking shipping. I am talking about the kind that has a separate pilot jet/ idle circuit and a plunger choke/ enricher for good starts. They make them with 19mm intakes.

Looks like you are on the right track.

As rare as it is to find even a used Jake's head in good condition for sale, I'd rather just keep it put away for safe keeping.
The China girl isn't exactly a harley.. unfortunately rare parts in these hills are just parts, value isn't really going to go anywhere ... I know a used jake head wouldn't be defective since there's no reason to sell a bad one, an unused one is still blanketed by a mystery of maybes...

You should use the head, if you don't you could die before having a chance to enjoy it, that would be pretty dumb to die on a bike with a non-authentic jake head clone when you could be dying the right way.

Back