New Bullet Train BT Build Coming!

dparham

Local time
7:33 AM
IMG_8762-1.JPG
IMG_8773.JPG
IMG_8764-1.JPG
Hey everyone... I just received a BT80 engine and wow does it look good... I think from what Ive ready it is being cleaned up as an engine.. I can defiantly see some upgrade possibilities but it really is a great looking engine... one thing I may consider removing ( if possible ) the wire pull starter as it would greatly remove the width or at least seem like it .. IM going to "another" board track racer with the felt style frame... anyway im very happy so far and have a few places to incase electronics not to look like I strapped a few school books to my frame lol anyway Ill put up a few pics of unboxing for now! waiting on parts to arrive like frame ect...
IMG_8762-1.JPG
IMG_8773.JPG

View attachment 78631 View attachment 78632 View attachment 78633 Hey everyone... I just received a BT80 engine and wow does it look good... I think from what Ive ready it is being cleaned up as an engine.. I can defiantly see some upgrade possibilities but it really is a great looking engine... one thing I may consider removing ( if possible ) the wire pull starter as it would greatly remove the width or at least seem like it .. IM going to "another" board track racer with the felt style frame... anyway im very happy so far and have a few places to incase electronics not to look like I strapped a few school books to my frame lol anyway Ill put up a few pics of unboxing for now! waiting on parts to arrive like frame ect...
View attachment 78631 View attachment 78632
Planters are awesome, can't go wrong with peanuts!

The pull start can't be removed, it's linked into the electric start both as a part that holds the electric motor and the chain and gear assembly for the starter is also housed in the pull start cover.

Do open it up anyway and put a fair amount of good tacky grease on the chain work sinc they add basically nothing.

Replace the battery with absolutely anything, even a discount Walmart brand would be leaps better, the stock battery can't hold a charge in a cool basement let alone in the real world. Not even my fancy charger that supposedly desulfates them can bring it back to serviceable life.

Planters are awesome, can't go wrong with peanuts!

The pull start can't be removed, it's linked into the electric start both as a part that holds the electric motor and the chain and gear assembly for the starter is also housed in the pull start cover.

Do open it up anyway and put a fair amount of good tacky grease on the chain work sinc they add basically nothing.

Replace the battery with absolutely anything, even a discount Walmart brand would be leaps better, the stock battery can't hold a charge in a cool basement let alone in the real world. Not even my fancy charger that supposedly desulfates them can bring it back to serviceable life.
Also I remember that the electric motor doesn't have an o-ring in it where it goes into the housing right where the gear comes out of the electric motor, with the chain in it. I know it probably wouldn't be a big issue but I like to think a waterproofed motor is generally better than one that isn't, I stretched one of those nitrile o rings over it and pressed it back together so I am confident water will stay out of the assembly at that location, the pull start rope hole is still vulnerable..

ok cool! haha yes planters are DEELISH! lol 2 for 1 on sale! I loaded up! lol ok Ill pop that cover off... not seeing a youtube teardown yet and I just got it today at work and took it out on my desk lol It does look nice ! Ive been building bikes and bike frames as a hobby for a long time and about 10 years ago got into these motor kits but there was almost no information on them at the time at least on youtube.. was youtube even around? I cant remember... anyway I had been dreaming of an electric start or even making one at times but never got around to it... im currently drawing up some plans for a reverse trike build but instead of using big motorcycle parts.. I have an in tact body of a very heavy duty wheelchair with 2 1000w motors at 35v and my vision was to make this morgan style trike that held 2 people like a car but would register as a motorcycle but only have a top speed around 45-50 for just puttering around town and when battery packs would go low id use a voltage sensing circuit and relay to start a small engine to recharge the li-ion packs... anyway I have allot of 18650 cells I use for projects and initially that was what got me to buy the motor... and im still making the car.. but I want to build this board track racer style with the BT80... hmmm BT (Board Track!) NICE! lol So now I have 2 projects lol Im considering a li-ion 18650 pack to run the electronics... maybe just a lithium drill battery... they are designed for heavy torture.. allot of RDN into those and a good dewalt or rigid ect... would be great packs and SMALL! i can put together a 12v x 4ah in the size of my fist ! and weightless

Attachments

• 2012_Morgan_3_wheeler_(15449366618).jpg
    2012_Morgan_3_wheeler_(15449366618).jpg
    254 KB · Views: 243
I really wanted to see what that auto clutch is made of, seems pretty robust for a first product run on an item straight from the heart of China, I have to applaud the one way clutch between the drive gear and the clutch bell, if you turn the gear one way by hand you'll hear it spin the bell, in the other direction its way easier to turn and you don't hear the bell move, taking it apart does confirm it visually, I thought it was nice how they thought that far ahead.

On the auto clutch add on for the standard happy time this is not a feature, so when rolling forward the rear wheel does turn the clutch bell even though the clutch isn't engaged with it, bringing the motor up to speed can engage it at a lower rpm than the bell is spinning, creating excess heat and slip and ultimately kills parts faster.

I really want to get further into it and see what seals I'm dealing with and look for crap inside the motor, but they epoxied the bolts in the clutch area, I'm guessing so the oil can't seep into other parts of the motor, didn't want to attempt to crack it so I'm leaving it as is for now.

yeah its really robust! :D I'm looking forward to installing it! looking for some Worksman old school steel rims// and I need decide on a bad hub... I have a pretty extensive bike shop setup and build allot of wheels... many racing wheels for road bikes and restorations and on this last bubble tire bike ( 26 x 2.125) huffy, I had to dish the wheel over a hair to clear chain without cocking the wheel out of line like Ive seen other do... thats not the best remedy but proper wheels are the bomb! I kind of got off topic lol ...just excited lol

I do have a question however... why aren't anyone making custom jugs for any of these motors or even billet cases and just get away form china girl stuff.. just curious... hey they apparently are being quite inventive so not wanting to take anything from them even if some are not highest percision... still just seems like a no brainer and quality control could be much higher

P.S. one of the starter screws was loose lol I tightened it lol

Did your motor come with a beautiful color catalog with instructions and a full parts list with photos? I noticed on Bberry they have some parts for sale for this.. maybe its starting to take hold? also on front page it said hope you enjoy our newupdated motor ... hmmm wonder what changes were updated

yeah its really robust! :D I'm looking forward to installing it! looking for some Worksman old school steel rims// and I need decide on a bad hub... I have a pretty extensive bike shop setup and build allot of wheels... many racing wheels for road bikes and restorations and on this last bubble tire bike ( 26 x 2.125) huffy, I had to dish the wheel over a hair to clear chain without cocking the wheel out of line like Ive seen other do... thats not the best remedy but proper wheels are the bomb! I kind of got off topic lol ...just excited lol

I do have a question however... why aren't anyone making custom jugs for any of these motors or even billet cases and just get away form china girl stuff.. just curious... hey they apparently are being quite inventive so not wanting to take anything from them even if some are not highest percision... still just seems like a no brainer and quality control could be much higher

P.S. one of the starter screws was loose lol I tightened it lol
Very new product, not enough feedback in the market for everyone to decide to start cutting new molds for it since they don't know if it will be a money maker.

The China girl is well established and popular, as they like to say somewhere, there's gold in them hills.

Give it time, I've already put thoughts towards removing metal from the engine casting possibly and from the cylinder to make an adapter plate that can have threaded rod or bolts welded to it, then drilling new holes in the cylinder fins so the bolts can match up to a billet head, and chop the top off a stock cylinder.

I could also chop and adapt without removing metal and use a piston with the lower wrist pin hole, then just make sure the plate raises the cylinder high enough that the port timing remains the same, and again with the head placed on top, fins ect ect... Stuff the case somehow or another to get the precomp back.

Did your motor come with a beautiful color catalog with instructions and a full parts list with photos? I noticed on Bberry they have some parts for sale for this.. maybe its starting to take hold? also on front page it said hope you enjoy our newupdated motor ... hmmm wonder what changes were updated
Yes it did, I think either bike berry will drop ship customers' part orders or actually have the parts in Stock, they could also go through the pains of disassembling motors by hand but it's probably easier and cheaper to buy totally unassembled motors since the workers over there in Asia World just have to toss a bunch of parts into a box and send them out, no paying anyone to put them together lol...

That makes me think though, seems as though they spray paint the engines assembled to give them a uniform silver color, I wonder if case parts if ordered alone will have this paint on them. I also really wonder why they paint them at all when it's not that big of a change in looks.

Back