New buyer new to motorized bikes. Which engine kit to buy.

Monksta

Local time
12:18 AM
I'm looking on Amazon to buy a kit for the 80cc bike motor kits I was looking at the seeutek kit with the PK80 or the mega motors kit, anyone have any recommendations on the kit I should get first? I'm looking to spend around 160 or less but get another check in two weeks and can buy any other parts needed to upgrade afterwards.

Hello and welcome! I have pk80s but I didn't get Seeutek. You can get cheap kits on ebay for $100. All these little engines are made in China so quality and consistency will suck but the engines themselves are not all the same. Do you have a Dremel tool? I recommend at least porting the intake and exhaust ports no matter which engine you get. If you want to learn more about the differences in China girl engines I recommend that you watch these videos.

Hello and welcome! I have pk80s but I didn't get Seeutek. You can get cheap kits on ebay for $100. All these little engines are made in China so quality and consistency will suck but the engines themselves are not all the same. Do you have a Dremel tool? I recommend at least porting the intake and exhaust ports no matter which engine you get. If you want to learn more about the differences in China girl engines I recommend that you watch these videos.

Thanks for the heads up, do you know which motor comes with the mega motors kit from Amazon by chance? I think I have access to a Dremel yes. I'd just be worried about trying to use it on it since if I do it wrong I could ruin the whole thing.

I'm not sure which bike I'm going to get as of yet, I'm was looking at a mountain bike from Target for like 80 bucks.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
none they all junk just get a moped with a title. 3,000 miles if your lucky and you have to rebuild. Just not worth the aggrevation. Between running issues and cheese metal you'll have a fun time queue: pissed off SpareParts. ;) My neighbor's output sprocket was extremely thin after only 1,300 miles. Like I said cheese metal they actually call it "iron" in the ebay descriptions. Tomos, puch you name it they already have a vin and everything ready to go. People give an arm and a leg to try to make a bicycle legal and then it doesn't work out. I spent over $600 on a bike and I'm trying to get $250 for it now and people keep low balling me. There's a time you have to move on between breaking parts and money you will soon realize it isn't worth it and an older motorcycle is a better choice for the money. Atleast those were still made in Japan. You can actually have a tomos shipped to your door for about $1,700 from a shop in new york. Queue: the other pissed off people. :)

66/80cc Mega Motors Silver Bicycle Engine Kit- 2 Stroke https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LMGG6PY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_H45bDb05BZE7Q

This is the kit I was thinking of getting.
Well, I don't know about it and don't want to say anything bad about it. However, when I see this written:
  • HIGH PERFORMANCE: Unlike most standard bicycle engine kits, the Mega Motors 66/80cc comes standard with high quality components designed to last. This engine puts out 5-6HP (horse power) and has a top speed of 25-35MPH (miles per hour) stock.
I have my doubts that it's 'unlike most standard bicycle engine kits' and the claim of 5-6 horse power seems suspect to me. Unless they have altered the engine most stock China girl engines put out less HP.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
electric bike generator hybrid :sneaky:

no, get a 4-stroke kit with the HS-142F. its around like $180 on eBay or something. looks like you are more for reliability versus playing around with engines.

Back