New carb, less speed.

Yes!! I had to put a #60 in mine to get it right, but once I found the right one it flies.
I found that mine runs best with a 63. I still think the performance is a small bit worse than stock, So i ordered a new intake manifold and gasket in hopes of fixing a potential air leak.

Lots of times when you add an expansion chamber you will find you need a much smaller main jet than with the stock carb. The reason for that, is when you have an expansion chamber it shoves the fuel that passes over your piston and out the exhaust back into the cylinder right before the exhaust port closes. So fuel that was previously a waste is now being used, causing a rich condition. You might want to lean out the carb a bit where it is getting on the pipe, if you can.
Tyler's bike flies, it's pretty tricked out and he know's a thing or 2. He's just a lil too old (or something) to use it to it's fullest on the track. He still has fun, as do I, even though we don't get podium :p.

I had this carb on 2 different bikes and although it looks cool I have to say from experience that its better to just use and rt or nt carb and a velocity stack

I found that mine runs best with a 63. I still think the performance is a small bit worse than stock, So i ordered a new intake manifold and gasket in hopes of fixing a potential air leak.
That will help if that's where the leak is. Sometimes the leak is where the carb hooks on. Another common place for air leaks is around the head gasket, especially if you are using a stock head, a good way to test is to start the bike, pull in the clutch and stop, then rev the engine and put your hand down around close to the head and see if you can feel any air shooting out from anywhere around the head gasket at the head and cylinder connection. Also check for leaks by taking off your magneto cover and look inside for any oil in there, it should be clean, there is a rubber crank seal on both the magneto and the clutch side. Air leaks will cause massive loss of compression and power, if the leak is big enough, the engine wont even start.

Last edited:
carb cleaner to find leaks is better than degreaser bcs its more vaporized and csn be sucked in a smaller seam than liquidy degreaser. cheap too. at Wally's, like $2
hopeya get it all sorted out!

Back