New from Newfoundland

MTBNewf

Local time
6:25 PM
Greetings Y'all

Brand new here from Newfoundland, which for those who don't know, is about 700mi NNE of Maine.

I'm an old mtber but new to motorized. This is the 1st build.
I'm mechanical, but I have a great 2 stoke guy to work with.
I've just ordered an Zeda yd 100 with a 44t rear.
This is going on an 26" alu hardtail mtb.

My goal here is to have a rig the will handle my hilly terrain easily without burning up.
Up hill and lower rpm performance is my top priority.

If I can realize good pull from an 10 degree uphill start and get to say, 25 kph within 500 or so yds, I'll be quite satisfied.
A top speed on the flat of 45 - 50 km/h will be plenty for my needs.

Kinda lookin at belt drive a bit as well.

Any advice or input, especially first hand knowledge of this particular engine, is most welcome.

Thanx in advance
Jim

Welcome to the Darkside! Your no officially a .01%er. What do you call your New found land?

So you call your New found land "Newfinland". Interesting name for a major province. Must be a Viking thing maybe.

welcome to the forum, always nice to have fellows canadians here. itll be a while before you can ride with all that snow you you just got.

Thanx all for the warm welcome.
hoping to have a good experience with this.

@darwin:

Origin of the Names Newfoundland and Labrador

King Henry VII of England referred to the land discovered by John Cabot in 1497 as the “New Found Launde," thus helping to coin the name of Newfoundland.

It is thought that the name Labrador came from João Fernandes, a Portuguese explorer. He was a "llavrador," or landowner, who explored the coast of Greenland. References to "the labrador's land" evolved into the area's new name: Labrador. The term was first applied to a section of the coast of Greenland, but the area of Labrador now includes all the northern islands in the region.

Previously called only Newfoundland, the province officially became Newfoundland and Labrador in December 2001, when an amendment was made to the Constitution of Canada.

@Chainlube: thx man

@ greasy: I'm on the west coast of the island.
we ALWAYS get snow.
we have the ski hill
BUT.......
the east coast and the capital really got hammered. 90+ cm of snow and 160kph peak winds all in 24 hrs.

they are still diggin out.
army in there now.

@hotness: hmmmm. think it's been done but it was a 12hp snowmobile engineon one of those motocross bikes from the 80's. lol

Back