New In Frame 4-Stroke kit shipping now!

Update!

Whoops!

While looking for a box of hi speed bearings in the warehouse [parts room], we discovered some really "neat" parts. During production run #3, we sent several drive system assemblies to various companies for bids [one of the companies was SBP]. When the systems were returned, someone [most likely me] put them in a box and simply forgot about them.

We have 3 original "Silent Power" manual systems, and 3 Q-Matic drive systems [production run #3]. All 6 drives use the original steel zinc plated mounting plate.

Q-Matic production run #4 [current] uses a special aluminum alloy, whereas production run #3 is the steel version.

The "Silent Power" drives are now considered rare and much sought after because of the design. Future "Silent Power" drive system will use the same special aluminum alloy mounting plate as the "Q-Matic", and will use the exterior bearing supports [to keep mfg. cost down]. The original "Silent Power" drives are zinc plated steel and offer more ratio options than the future production units [Silent Power II]. The original Silent Power drives allow the use of a larger secondary drive pulley, optional smaller 9 tooth chain drive sprocket, and easy conversion to rear belt drive. The original Silent Power units offer primary ratios between 2.06 X 1 and 3.58 X 1, whereas Silent Power II will be limited to primary ratios between 2.06 X 1 and 2.93 X 1. Primary ratios make a large difference in the final ratios, whereas secondary ratio changes only make a small difference. For example..... using a 10 tooth spocket connected to a 56 tooth on the wheel delivers a 5.6 X 1 ratio and if connected to the Silent power primary with the 2.06 X 1 supplies a final ratio of 11.53 X 1 [7000 RPMs = 47 MPH]. If using the Silent power 3.58 X 1 times 5.6 X 1 [secondary ratio] the final numbers are 20 X 1 [7000 RPMs = 25 MPH] able to climb the side of a building, LOL.

Don't tell anyone but the "Silent Power I" or the "Q-Matic" using the 11.53 X 1 ratio might just work really, really, really, well on the 79 CC HF motor because of the narrow RPM range [30 MPH @ 4500 RPMs]. A few of our authorized dealers have tested the drive on the 79 CC HF motor using ratios from 14.68 X 1 and below [one dealer is using an adjustable pulley, so not sure how low the final ratios were set]. I do know the tested ratios allowed the motorbike to start on its own power [with slightly heavier riders] and obtained a reasonable top speed. Wonder how long it will take others to arrive at the same conclusion?

We have no desire to keep the drives sitting in a box in our stock room, and will offer them at a slightly reduced price if anyone wants to save a few dollars.

We suggest contacting an Authorized dealer if anyone is interested and we will supply at a 10% discount while supplies last.

Remember the Silent Power drives are rare, and both the original Silent Power and the Q-Matic production version #3 use the zinc plated drive plate. I don't want to mislead anyone but the current production units are a little lighter, but the difference is only a few ounces.

Have fun,

Last edited:
Back